Are you happy as I am that Mikah has joined TWIT?

I have loved every show that Mikah was a guest on, and his name popped into my mind when Leo mentioned that he had hired someone to replace Megan. I thought I would never get over when Sara Lane left, but I just loved Megan. It takes a nice guy like Mikah to replace her.

12 Likes

I got several hours of entertainment due to the likes of Leo, Mikah and Mike for quite a while. Mikah especially has developed his own on-air personality which I find to be a breath of fresh air.

If he spends as much time on air as Leo, there will be many more laughs and inspired insights. His style is encased onto itself and portrayed in a young charm that only guys like us can enjoy.

I do enjoy the likes of Megan, Sara and all of the lovely ladies who have made appearances over the years but there are times where guys are just guys looking for more laughs.

Mikah and all guys like him should enjoy the crowd around them and look forward to several years of technology and hopefulness.

4 Likes

We are thrilled to have @mikahsargent! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile: @Captain_Sam

5 Likes

I have nothing personal against him
With that being said I think he tries too hard to be funny all the time. Just let it flow.

1 Like

^^ boooo. Youā€™re killing it Mikahā€¦keep doing what your doing.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve said this elsewhere, but I think Mikah is doing a fantastic job. Not sure heā€™s trying to be funny all the timeā€¦I think heā€™s just naturally effusive. What I appreciate most about him, besides his obvious smarts and enthusiasm, is that when I see him on TWiT, I feel like different perspectives (younger, LGBT, PoC) are being considered in terms of what questions are being asked and what issues are being considered and from what angles. Same with Ant Pruitt (who not only adds a PoC view, but also a wonderful Southern perspective), many of the women of TWiT (Wu, Dow, Webb), anyone who represents something other than the typical west coast, Silicon Valley bubble-view which tends to predominate. (And I say this as a life-long west coast resident/native.) Not that that view is bad, there just needs to be other voices in the mix, and Mikahā€™s is a great one!

PS ā€“ Canā€™t believe I forgot to mention the people from the UK (like Ian Thompson) and also Patrick Beja (France), the various Canadians (like Georgia Dow)ā€¦I love their perspectives too.

9 Likes

I feel like this should be a poll with two options:

1. Yes
  2. Yes

I really like the fresh view on Windows Weekly he brings. GLad he likes his Elvis laptop

9 Likes

Itā€™s pretty clear that despite his success Leo has been challenged with grooming and retaining talentā€¦ itā€™s hard to compete with YouTube.

Letā€™s hope Mikah and Ant are the solution!

4 Likes

Talent is always the problem. The other part is recognition. Not easy to do inside a company that exists for 10 years.

As an individual, Iā€™m still waiting for someone at TWiT to pull the trigger and stand out from the entire crowd, not just the geeks. Otherwise itā€™s sitting as a pet project.

1 Like

I wasnā€™t always the biggest fan of Mikah, as I sometimes found him to be a little too silly at times when he was on the show, but Iā€™ll admit that I appreciate seeing him become a part of the regular staff (along with Ant Pruitt), especially as a person of color who comes from the midwest. Heā€™s growing into his role well, and I look forward to seeing more.

7 Likes

Mikah is deceptively capable, if thatā€™s the right term, because he adjusts his approach to get the best out of the people heā€™s with without drawing attention to it. So when heā€™s in an informal situation he can play the clown to bring out the ā€œfriends chattingā€ atmosphere, but Iā€™ve heard him do serious and incisive too, when the subject matter needed it. Itā€™s going to be interesting to see him develop further at TWiT.

8 Likes

Iā€™m super happy that Mikah has joined TWiT. I never wouldā€™ve imagined TWiT being able to make people move cross country (like Ant too). Heā€™s so brilliant as a host. If you think heā€™s just out for laughs, just watch him go at Triangulation, he nails it. Plus I donā€™t see him ā€˜tryingā€™ to be funny; itā€™s natural and just a bright positive personality of a person beaming with love and joy. Mikah is wonderful.

8 Likes

The first time I heard Mikah - or at least became aware of him - was on an iOS today show that had me scrambling to look up who this adorable guy was! And then next thing I knew, heā€™s on the staff and Iā€™m really pleased. (And then Leo added Ant into the mix and Iā€™m even more happy!)
I still miss Meghan - and Gina! - but the new arrivals are great.

7 Likes

Both Mikah and Ant are excellent editions to the TWiT. They are both knowledgeable, entertaining, and informative and immensely improve the shows they are part of.

7 Likes

We are so happy that you are thrilled with the newest additions :slight_smile: thanks for being a fan!

5 Likes

Thanks so much! We couldnā€™t agree more :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Actually, I think heā€™s doing a terrific job so far. Good for him and for the shows.

5 Likes

@mikahsargent Iā€™m really enjoying having you on TWIT, youā€™re doing a fantastic job. I just watched your hands-on tech. Great info on work from home tools.

4 Likes