Apple WatchOS upgrade 10.4 freeze

Latest watch OS upgrade (10.4) sits on preparing for hours. Lots of discussion on forums with dubious solutions. So TWiT army, any thoughts?
Thanks in advance to the ‘hive-brain’ we all love and appreciate.
Steven

Hmm, it just worked for me (2022 SE), the install went through in about the normal time (under 20 Minutes). I’d not heard of any problems, until your post.

Maybe restarting the phone, before doing the update, so that the memory is “clean”…

Edit: Hmm, a quick search seems to suggest restarting as well, and ensuring there is enough free space on the phone, before starting the update.

Thanks big-D, I tried restarting both watch (ultra2) and phone (13mini). Still no joy.

How much storage space do you have free on your Watch? I have about 26GB free. Maybe if the Watch is loaded up with music and photos, for example, the storage space is too small for the update, but it tries to carry on, despite not having enough space and hangs?

If there are only a GB free, try deleting some music or photos, then do the update and then reload the music/photos again afterward, for example.

I have 10.8 used of 64

Steven

Ok, I’ve checked the storage. I’m about to restart watch and phone. I’m going to give it another go. Thanks again for your support.

1 Like

Thanks again David for your time. I eventually used the nuclear option and restarted my watch.
That worked.
Look me up if you are ever in Paris.

1 Like

Glad you managed to get it updated.

I see you are a Brit living in Germany, that happens, I’m an Australian living in France, go figure

1 Like

Some days, when I watch the politics, like in the USA now with Frump on trial, I feel like I must be an Alpha Centurian living on Earth! :smiley: