Any firearms fans here?

Well, not every gun is for every person. Everyone has their preferences. And, some guns shoot better for some people than others. I personally hate several guns that might be someone else’s favorite.

I usually put night sights on every handgun I own. But, I leave the factory sights on my P99. Back around 2006, I had night sights installed on a P99 I had at the time - and after that, I couldn’t shoot the gun as well. Many people at the Walther forum have commented that the POA/POI switches a bit for the Mepro night sights on a P99. That is usually NOT the case for most guns when night sights get installed - not sure why it is for the P99.

Anyway, I have left the factory sights on the one I currently have. I do like that they are user adjustable, though. The only handgun I have seen that allows you to use a screw driver to turn a screw, and you can move the rear sight left or right.

Like I said - it’s not my favorite gun now, but it is my most accurate. The rear grip has a hump in it that is a bit annoying. But, by putting that Hogue Jr grip on it, the grip feel is better now.

The single action trigger on it is so amazing - that is why it shoots so well. It is also one of the few striker fired guns that is DA/SA. That is an unusual combo for a striker gun.

3 Likes

This is a great thread Mistershipwreck, well done!!:grin:

2 Likes

Older photo of a high end 1911 I used to have… :stuck_out_tongue:

Ed Brown Special Forces. I’ve owned 2 of those over the years. Nicest 1911 I have ever owned. I like their stuff, but they are super expensive. One day, I want one of their 1911s in 9mm.

1 Like

You are all now my Zombie Apocalypse best friends! :zombie: :woman_zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :woman_zombie: :woman_zombie: :woman_zombie: :woman_zombie: :zombie: :zombie:

5 Likes

I picked up this M&P Shield in January. There was a great sale. I use dto have two of these years ago, and later sold them when I started carrying that HK in my 1st post. But, I missed the model, so I bought another…

3 Likes

well if The Walking Dead taught us anything, it’s that you don’t want to be anywhere near someone with a gun. I think @big_D is probably our best bet with his crossbow skills :grin:

6 Likes

:laughing: Reminds me of the Mythbusters episodes where they experimented with the most efficient zombie apocalypse weapons. I really enjoyed/enjoy Mythbusters.

Chainsaw

Gun vs Axe

3 Likes

I saw that episode.

Zombies are never my thing. It’s kinda silly. Sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

It was fun to watch, however.

2 Likes

Anyone have a specific model picked out for a future purchase?

2 Likes

I’m seriously thinking of getting a Walther P22 for plinking

2 Likes

Honestly, their reputation is mixed. I plan to get a 22 pistol for my son soon. There are better options out there. Lots of complaints about that gun on the Walther Forum. Walther doesn’t really make it. Umarex, the airgun company does. They own Walther, but they sell tons of 22 weapons, and slap other company names on them. The 22s they make are just so-so.

2 Likes

Interesting, thanks for the feedback

2 Likes

I will likely get another Buckmark for my son, or possibly a S&W Victory. Many of the others that are replicas of the bigger caliber guns are not usually made by the manufacturer that has the name on the side.

I don’t know if Sig still sells the Mosquito, but they didn’t actually make it, and that gun had tons of problems for most people.

2 Likes

will be doing some additional research! I may even pick up a Ruger 10/22 instead

2 Likes

I am trying to get one of these, but everyone around the country is sold out of them right now…

4 Likes

Nice guns. I also have a CPL, for many years, here in Michigan it’s shall issue so no problem if you have clean record and prints. My carry gun is either the M&P .380 bodyguard or the M&P 40C. I also sometimes carry the XD 45 compact. I’ve also shot competition but my favorite was silhouette. For that I used the Thompson Center Contender and shot the .22 and big bore targets. For big bore I used the 7mm TCU with 10 inch barrel iron adj sights (30-30 round necked down to 7mm had to be hand loaded) I moly coated the bullets. Silhouette big bore the targets are steel cut outs (have to knock them down) of chicken 50 meters, pig at 100 meters, turkey at 150 meters and ram at 200 meters. It was odd hearing the gun go off then the time before the pling especially at 200 meters lol. Very challenging but I have 4 first place trophies. The .22 with 10 inch barrel iron sights the targets are 25, 50, 75 and 100 meters and the targets are smaller. I definitely enjoy target shooting.

4 Likes

Very cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a couple handguns Ruger 22/45 and a CZ-82, but like you I prefer my long guns.
I have a Mosin-Nagant, Arisaka Type 99, and my favorite long gun as you probably already guessed a M1 Garand. I used to go to rang that was 650 yards, and all three of my long guns were easily able to hit that with open sights and with a quite a bit of practice off hand. Since then I have moved, and I still haven’t found a range near me with that anything close to that distance.

3 Likes

I picked up a Glock 19 with night sights today :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very cool! Not familiar with Glock night sights, are they raised at all? Or just illuminated?

2 Likes