A Message for Leo from his fans

I know times are hard and you feel down, but I wanted to start a thread here to let you know how you are appreciated.
For myself I have been battling an autoimmune disease for going on to 4 years now.
There are days…weeks where I am stuck immobile on the couch or in bed in excruciating pain and what I mostly watch is TWIT content ( I have posted before ). This network and you @Leo are what help get me through the pain and tough times. So I hope more people can post some positive messages here for you to let you know we know you are there, we know you are working hard and we appreciated it. For me, more than you will know.

29 Likes

Leo is the best teacher a guy could ask for… I learn so much watching TWIT. Thanks Leo

10 Likes

Yes, I enjoy watching Leo, and he fills the time in a positive way. Great to watch!

As for your issues, I hope you get better soon! I have had some horrible health issues in the last 2 years - so I can certainly sympathize.

6 Likes

Thank you​:clap::clap::clap::clap::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::fist_left::fist_left::fist_left:

6 Likes

All the best to you, sir. Thanks for the support of the network :fist_right:t5:

8 Likes

To you as well @ant_pruitt :fist_left:

8 Likes

Yes @Leo thank you for all you and TWIT do. While this time has been trying for all of us. I’ve appreciated very much that TWIT has been there as a friend and almost like a family member through all of it. It’s understandable to feel some anxiety or depression during this, but you don’t have to let that define you. Your work, and your nerdiness has made our life’s happier in this trying time.

8 Likes

@ant_pruitt maybe you can make sure @leo sees this thread? Thanks in advance

6 Likes

Thanks guys! I’m very fortunate to get to do this surrounded by you, my friends. Stay well!

17 Likes

Leo is most certainly one of a kind I have been fortunate enough to meet him twice once in the brick house and more recently in his new studio and for someone that works as hard as he does you couldn’t ask for a friendlier more accommodating person.
He is the best!

5 Likes

We love you Leo and Crew!!!

4 Likes

So many good memories… Most of all the wonderful time we had on the MacManiacs cruise years ago. Leo and the Woz were in attendance. And it was one of the last trips for our friend and early podcaster Bill Douthett (aka: Digital Bill). He often talked of attending one of Leo’s G4 segments in San Francisco. You are a vital staple in my weekly routine. Keep em coming!

5 Likes

TWiT viewer from the very early days. Plenty of bad sysadmin nights waiting for progress bars and such things when I’ve had various TWiT programming keeping me sane. Very grateful for the consistently excellent company.

5 Likes

As am I, I haven’t been viewing for as long as some of you I kind of found TWiT later on. But I am always listening while I’m at work and it makes my day go by a lot faster then it did before I started listening. I am very grateful for the quality production and the excellent talent behind most of the shows here.

4 Likes

Leo, Steve, and the whole crew! You are the best! Keep it up!

5 Likes

Leo and everyone at TWiT is my slice of normalcy in this world, where I can keep abreast of tech news that is relevant in this pandemic age. I don’t want to listen to the television, or read the popups from the news app, or the trending topics on Twitter, or dozens of headlines reminding me of WFH while I’m WFH and supporting people who WFH.

But I find myself not just wanting to listen to, but diligently waiting for updates to my TWiT feeds. Because every person at TWiT is an actual person to me, not just the tag on a post or a personality.

It’s a reminder that important things still exist, even as major things change in our lives, and to have beloved broadcasters in my ear and on the screen is a reminder that there are genuinely good people, journalists, reporters, gadgeteers, enthusiasts, experts, industry analysts, and everyone inbetween that DO do their best to do their best work despite the circumstances.

And that makes me want to do my best work despite the circumstances, as well. Thank you truly.

4 Likes

Yes! @Leo @ant_pruitt @mikahsargent @JasonHowell are an amazing team of personalities! The crew does a fantastic job producing one of the best sounding consistent podcast collections for your ears. All of the guest hosts are amazing and feel like a big family.

TWiT does podcasts the best of all the ones I listen to. Many other networks I listen despite their grating, constant, repetitive ads, that detract from their quality content. While I’m happy TWiT doesn’t track, I wish advertisers could see how often I find myself listening to TWiT ads rather than frantically skip them like I do in other shows. I also trust TWiT sponsors as having been vetted. Honestly, I trust a TWiT sponsorship over a Wirecutter recommendation.

Finally, I think a lot of credit should go to @Lisa’s stewardship of this company. She often has to play baddie and cut shows, and she doesn’t get the positive attention the hosts get. It’s clear she respects her audience. Hiring Ant and Mikah might be the most important and brilliant decisions TWiT’s made for so many reasons I can’t really explain well.

That ended up being super long and gushy! :flushed:
Anyway, I love you all! Stay safe and Keep doing such an amazing job! :heart::blush:

11 Likes

I love this. That is all. :grin::heart:

3 Likes

Thank you for such a thoughtful post. It put a smile on my face this morning. Thanks for being an awesome friend of the network!!

5 Likes

Ah maaaaaaan. You’re so dadgum kind. I 'preciate ya. The TWiT family is resilient and flat out awesome. I love what we do and the audience we do it for. :fist_right:t5::tumbler_glass:

3 Likes