A Message for Leo from his fans

This was a message directly for Leo because of some comments on TWIG about being down but it does go out to everyone who works at TWIT. :clap:

2 Likes

:fist_left: Keep it up :clap::heart::+1::heart::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

:+1:keep up the good work
I do not own any Android devices but I still watch AAA because you make it compelling to watch. You moderate so well letting guests get in their say in with minimum interruptions :+1:

4 Likes

Leo and everybody else at twit. You are fantastic. Keep up the great work and as I said in my introduction post “Leo you cannot retire“.

2 Likes

Thank you for all the love. I love what I do and am very grateful that you let me do it.

I always thought I would retire when

1. My voice failed
  2. My brain failed
  3. My memory failed
  4. A younger generation stopped trusting me
  5. or I just got too tired to go on.

Now I’m starting to think that I’ll be forced to retire when I stop being patient. I notice I’m getting crankier and crankier, less and less tolerant, and more and more impatient. I apologize for being short these days. I fear that’s what, in the end, may force me to move to an Internet-free cabin in the woods.

7 Likes

@Leo don’t be so hard on yourself
These are hard times
I understand the fear of this disease. I am not an older person but I am a person with an autoimmune disease and it is very trying to not be able to lean on loved ones, friends and colleagues.
My small piece of advice from a guy who has been stuck on and off self quarantining for almost 4 years (stuck on couch when I get flare ups for days) fear or flu etc…
Allow yourself to be down
Allow yourself to lose patience
Allow yourself to have a bad day
We are all human and can only take so much
Just make sure its not everyday and enjoy those days that you do feel good.
Talk a walk Ride your bike play video games etc…
Hope this helps
Stay safe

3 Likes

@Leo it sounds like you think your crankiness has been showing, but I think you’re sounding very tolerant, actually. It was just that TWiG episode a couple of weeks ago when you sounded down, and I thought it was just a “bit” of some sort, but I guess it wasn’t… Anyway, I think you’re doing a fabulous job despite the circumstances.

Keep it up, take time for yourself and your family, and above all, everyone stay safe.

3 Likes

Leo is truly a blessing to so many people both on the Podcast network and on the radio. Thank you Leo for staying on the air during this time. I especially love Leo’s impressions he does of so many people, he is great and always puts a smile on my face.

3 Likes

Your listeners will change with you, and they will appreciate your crankier, less tolerant, and more impatient personality :slight_smile: No way to retire on these terms for you, @Leo :wink: You needa think of something else :smiley:

1 Like

I respect your opinion Beth but I think your post should be in the TWIG section.
This one was made for gratitude for Leo and his group for their hard work entertaining us during this pandemic.
:v:

1 Like

I’m 63 have been watching and learning from you from since the old tech tv days.
I told my Bride ,what is great about losing memory.It forces me to remember why this beautiful lady put up with me.She said “ it’s not that you are losing your memory you are just refocusing your priorities.”
As for being cranky been there doing that.My bride once to me ‘don’t be yelling at the kids to get off the grass when they are cutting it’
It would be great if on one of your show you could have Amber,Callie and Patrick all together on one show. Talk about a blast from the past.
So Hang in there as a Canadian icon Red Green Says

If the women don’t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. And Remember, I’m pulling for you. We’re all in this together😁
Keep your stick on the ice.

3 Likes

I agree 100%
. . . . . . . . . . .

2 Likes

Thanks! I always say that Leo (& hosts) are the Royal Family while I’m the government. It’s my job to run the network & sometimes it’s challenging but I don’t take it personally. Let’s just hope we survive this pandemic. Because a lot of choices I make are literally out of my hands, regardless of what people think. Stay Safe and Healthy. Happy 4th!

10 Likes

This might be my first post here, long time watcher/listener who actually sat in the studio for a TWIT once with family. I have heard your love / hate relationship with Facebook more than once and shamelessly wanted to offer my approach to surviving on Facebook (while still being able to engage with family and friends). About 3 years ago, I posted the following message on my timeline and left it on my homepage . . .

OK, last New Years (think New Years resolution), after reading an article on using your time.wisely, I was looking at poor uses of my time. Political arguments on Facebook was the number 1 waste of time. I could have just quit Facebook, but I like keeping in touch with family. So I came up with a new approach:: one and done.

When I see a stupid political argument, like someone defending Trump or automatic weapons that requires spanking, I think about what I want to say, I say it and then I never return to the post. I never waste any time with point and counterpoint. Ultimately, it is futile to try to get the last word on Facebook. When someone responds to one of my political posts, they can be assured of two things: they will always get the last word and I will never see it. Because I’m one and done.

I have significantly reduced my time on Facebook and what time I do spend is spent on family.

Yes, it is a bit passive-aggressive, but it works for me. Just a suggestion if you plan to dip your toe on FB again.

3 Likes

I have been listening to TWIT almost since the beginning. I have learned so much valuable information from Leo and the other hosts over the years, I don’t know what I would do if TWIT didn’t exist

4 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap:
TWiT shows entertained me on the long bus ride to school every morning this past. Thanks so much for producing them and keeping them avalible.

4 Likes

@Lisa I do hope TWIT survives the pandemic as this network has been the thing that has kept me sane during all this especially when everyone was on quarantine for a few months and we couldn’t really get out and do things. TWIT helped me feel like I was still connected to the outside world.

6 Likes

We all do. We’re ad-supported and took a hit but we are doing our best. Time will tell.

7 Likes

@Lisa is the tip jar still available? As a means for those of us who are able to support the network?

4 Likes

The tip jar is still available, though I wish it were more prominent on the TWiT website. Times are tough right now of course (my work hours have been cut in half), but I get so much out of TWiT that I set up a small monthly contribution.

Here’s a link to the tip jar:

5 Likes