What's your music subscription habit(s)?

It’s just easy to get music without driving to a music store. Pretty much the only reason I use it.

1 Like

I used to have Google Music and really liked its recommendations and discovery, but the switch to Youtube Music was a disaster so I went with Apple Music. It’s personal radio station is pretty good at this point with a good mix of stuff I like and new stuff. I don’t think it’s quite as good as the old Google “I’m Feeling Lucky” playlist but is pretty satisfying at this point. I still buy music from Bandcamp to support smaller bands I like as well as buy vinyl. I got my home office set up with some decent speakers, my record player, and an old Echo Dot. I use Apple Music via a couple of Dots around the house. I like vinyl as a way to support artists, for the cool physical product, and the relaxing aspect of just sitting and listening to an album. My wife upgraded her SiriusXM subscription when she got a new car and I’ve been using their app quite a bit. I don’t know that I’d subscribe to it exclusively but I love the Springsteen channel. We also have a pretty good local AAA FM channel that I’ve started listening to, besides our very good public radio station.

1 Like

Guess I’m not typical. I subscribe to Pandora.

I’m a cab driver. When I do not have passengers I (mostly) listen to Podcasts. I leave both Pandora and my podcast player loaded on my phone. When picking up a passenger I can switch from one app to the other within seconds.

1 Like

Just so you know, SiriusXM purchased Pandora. I don’t know what you’re paying, but do make sure you’re not stuck paying a legacy price that would be cheaper if you switched to a SiriusXM subscription where a lot of Pandora features are included as channels.

2 Likes

Good point, I’ve noticed more and more the note “pandora channel” on the SXM app

Thanks for the SiriusXM info/suggestion. I pay $4.99/month for Pandora. I’m OK with that. Sirius may be a better deal and offer more but the last thing in my life at this time is more apps and more confusion. Pandora gives me and my passengers all the music we could possibly enjoy.

Only Pandora complaint: last year I was able to pre-pay for a year. This year I can’t find that option and apparently must pay month by month. I’d much rather pay for a year in advance.

2 Likes