What photography gear are you looking forward to?

Personally, I’m looking forward to the successor to the Fuji X100F (I’m using an X100T), rumored to be released early next year. Are there any other cameras/lenses/tripod/etc that you’re all looking forward to?

3 Likes

Love this question! For me, my tried and true, Canon 5D Mark II and mirrorless Sony NEX 7 (not a fan!) are holding me over. I am looking for my next Camera/Gear, but I can’t find a package that has it all. The PANASONIC LUMIX S1H can do unlimited streaming and recording, to internal, at 4K 10-bit. However, the still portion of the camera only does 24.2MP full-frame, like my camera from 5 years ago. The Sony cameras have exceptional stills and can do 4K, but they overheat after like 30-40 mins of continuous recording of video and they can’t record 4K 10bit to internal cards. Whoever comes out with the next camera that can do it all, I might have to pull the trigger and buy.

Supposedly @Joe , Canon is going to debut a 80MP+ EOS R in early 2020. Should I wait? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m a huge fan of the Canon G7X Mark II and I see they have a new Mark III… But I also am in love with the camera on my iPhone 11 and I tend to use that more since its lighter and more convenient. Decisions, decisions…

1 Like

I’d wait unless you have a compelling reason to upgrade. That being said, I’ve got no problem spending your money :grin:

1 Like

I’m always thinking about glass more than anything. Weird, I know. The RF-mount lenses from Canon are nice, but soooooo expensive.

3 Likes

Not weird at all. You can take glass with you when you swap bodies.

2 Likes

The upcoming Olympus 150-400mm looks very interesting.

Those bird will never seem me coming!!!

3 Likes

mmmmmmm YESSSS sounds good

Is that a Pro lens? What’s the speed?
I’m saving my pennies to get the 300mm Pro. Maybe Santa will help out a bit.

2 Likes

Will the new 2x work with it? (If so…holy crap: 1600 equivalent?)

2 Likes

I’m not expert (or even minimally skilled) at photography, but my math is fine… 2x400 = 800 ? Or do I miss something? Maybe it’s the crop factor of the camera itself? I recall that some of full frame cameras have a 2x factor?

2 Likes

There isn’t too much information yet. https://www.dpreview.com/news/6192364071/olympus-developing-150-400mm-f4-5-pro-lens-with-built-in-1-25x-teleconverter

I am also looking at getting the 300mm lens, but will wait until the 150-400mm lens is released so I can compare the two.

2 Likes

@PHolder

If you are referring to the Olympus Camera then it does have a 2x crop factor when compared to standard 35mm (full frame cameras).

1 Like

My bad. Didn’t explain myself very well. I was referring to the Olympus 2x Teleconverter

So 400mm + 2x crop factor + 2x converter = 1600.

BUT…check this out from dpreview. the lense has a built in 1.25 converter and can be used with 2x converter bringing up to a total of 2000mm!!!

The butterflies will never see me coming. LOL.

I haven’t read what the price on that is going to be. Double what the 300mm costs?

1 Like

I want to shoot birds. Lusting for the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 IV.

1 Like

I’m thinking about a 300mm lens. Not “needed” though

1 Like

Saving up for Canon RF lenses and waiting for a “Pro” level Canon mirrorless. I’ve used the Canon EOS R and I like it but I want some more features.

1 Like

such as? Curious. Dual card slots?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s completely for me, but I’m very curious about the Fujifilm X-Pro 3. I’d love to try it out.

2 Likes

Yes, I would love dual card slots and I not having cropped sensor for video.
Unfortunately, I don’t think the cropped sensor video is going to happen because my Canon EOS 5D mark IV uses a small segment of the sensor for video.

2 Likes