What is the special announcement?

I heard from a Russian source that Elon Musk just gave a real juicy deal for 500 starlink base stations to twit. They are currently installing them to a most beautiful cruise ship. There is an option for extra thousand base stations. Twit will be renamed stwit. Just imagine how awesome the cruise ship would look with 500-1500 antennas.

3 Likes

Do we know what time the special announcement will be made?

1 Like

thatā€™s a great guess actually

Leo said the announcement will be made during TWiT, so a few hours from now.

Looking at the changes made to twit.tv, I have a strong feeling the announcement is about a membership program :slight_smile:

5 Likes

3 Likes

Will this mean no more free, all behind a paywall :frowning:

I doubt it, but letā€™s not speculate. We should all find out soon enough.

3 Likes

Yeah, Leo said at the start of TWiT (so in a couple of hours or less from when I am posting this.)

2 Likes

I love it! :heart_eyes: Canā€™t wait

1 Like

No one if the options on that menu is Members-Only Podcasts which implies that either some will go members only or there will be additional shows added that will be Members-Only. My guess is the latter.

1 Like

The Club TWiT content is now live on the site. Quick version: $7 a month subscription, ad-free podcasts, special content, access to a discord server.

7 Bucks a month?..I just take the headphones off. Bye Bye adds. Good luck to both of the club members.

An here is the deets of the announcment:

1 Like