What is the special announcement?

“A little dab’ll do ya” was the slogan for Brylcream. I’m only 47 but somehow I know the jingle. :man_shrugging:t3:

By the way, this a reference I would totally expect on TWiG.

1 Like

Yea, you;re right. . IDK what i was thinking. TWIG is the best. Im changing Jeff’s name to Craig Newmark,.

https://medium.com/the-u-s-digital-service/the-next-chapter-for-usds-2eb6955065f3

Matt Cutts rejoining TWiG

1 Like

I’m thinking either someone bought twit or lastpasses naming rights contract came up and some other company now has the naming rights.

1 Like

I’m really hoping it’s not the first thing you said. :persevere:

Update: The live feed just finished with Windows Weekly, and just after its closing, it’s clear that they’re not being sold. Thank goodness.

3 Likes

Faced with a softening ad market, and the rise of the mega-podcasters like IHeart and Spotify, we tried to sell/partner TWiT before Covid hit and there were zero takers. So you can rule that out. Forever.

My dreams of a big exit have been dashed! :wink:

8 Likes

I’m not going to venture to guess. I don’t want to be right or wrong. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Good I wanted to be wrong lol

1 Like

For the record, I would support a subscriber model. I am supporting other people I follow as well, and TWiT is a big chunk of the content I consume. Its only fair.

3 Likes

I would too! I’m currently contributing via the tip jar, but I’d switch to a subscription if they ever do one.

2 Likes

Im actually voting for a new studio naming sponsorship.

I hate big exits…the surviving company usually doesnt survive, or gets folded into something else, and the purchase is written off.
Im guessing Leo was pushed to looking for “the big exit” by the Spodify purchase of Joe Rogans podcast…Leo talked about it A LOT. Altho at this point i think spodify might be having regrets about the purchase…which may have been driven by fomo more than common sense and due diligence.
We all know that TWIT would never be the same without Leo.

Ut Oh…i was just listening to a rerun of MacBreakWeekly…and Leo said the announcement was about “the future of TWIT” …which sounds like some kinds of revenue producing agreement. Leo has been talking about drops in ad revenue for years now.

Altho, tbh, reports are that TWIT has commanded above average ad rates for years, so maybe what the company can get for ads has just lowered down to average. Past reports also say that TWIT has been very profitable, with low operating costs and 6-8M in yearly revenue. VERY can mean anything, tho.

Anyone, no matter how much they make, can find someone that makes more, and works less. The definition of “rich” has always been “anyone who makes more than I do”. LOL.

1 Like

this LIST :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Love it. All reasonable guesses

3 Likes

My guess is that Leo has been contacted by a Nigerian prince who wants his Bank account number so millions can be moved to the US.

5 Likes

Leo will do a late career pivot and become a twitch streamer, focusing on Valheim and Linux gaming. Also, a Linux show with Paul Thurott. But as an HBO mini series called Colonel Kernel.

But seriously, I hope most things stay the same. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is the part of the movie where we find out the studio was bought by Tex Richman. Leo will soon learn that Tex’s real plans are to level the building for the oil reserves underneath. But a clause in Leo’s lease states he can buy it back for $10mil. But to do so, he’ll need to put on a 24 hour variety show/telethon with the help of all of his friends.

5 Likes

That’s like Mystery Science Theater 4000! :smiley:

1 Like

It’s actually the plot to The Muppets (2011) :grin:

3 Likes

At least we do know its something with “Bugs in it” because Leo said “we have to work the bugs out” (Hope it not bedbugs!

2 Likes

Ah, the Casper mattresses are infested and they have a new sponsor that cleans mattresses. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I think you got it!!!

1 Like