TWIT 959: The Old Farts Gather

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

1 Like

This was a fun episode! Thank you gentlemen and happy new year!

1 Like

It was an excellent show.

However, I had a weird thought when they were talking about Boston Dynamics and the various AR/VR experiments. Warning: this is completely, barking mad.

What if:

• The billionaires are thinking about prolonging their lives but can’t keep bodies going indefinitely.
  • Elon’s Neuralink is a way to get a human brain into Elon’s humanoid robot to replace the human body.
  • Zuckerberg’s AR specs are an attempt to give a humanoid robot “real” eyes that can engage with other humans as if it was the face of the person the brain once belonged to?
    [crazed laughter]

Maybe I need to lie down for a bit.

1 Like

Nah, keep writing and we’ll have a solid sci-fi series in no time!

2 Likes

I think Boston Dynamics’ Big Dog was in there as well, so probably a sci-fi horror story!

1 Like

Too bad that you omitted John Dvorak. Time to bury the hatchet.

1 Like

Dvorak was never a regular host… he was an occasional guest host on some episodes, years ago. This was a show of current regular hosts (although one of them was having his regular show end.)

3 Likes

I miss Dvorak. TWIT should consider a get together of old timers. Dvorak,Rose,Heron,Norton,Chang, Prager, etc.

I think he has a podcast of his own, in case you didn’t know. No Agenda - Wikipedia

1 Like

Dvorak has been inhabiting in the conspiracy land for the last few years. Not sure if it’s an act or if he actually believes what he says, but I do not think he has much to offer in the non conspiracy related tech discussion.

Was an enjoyable show. Mr Searls and I always had interesting convos offline about wanting “his” AI. Sounds like Mr Laporte has pretty much now has an AI he can call “his” AI based on data he fed it. Love that idea.

3 Likes