TWIT 793: The J to J Protocol

I do, and millions and millions of others, but it’s ok for you not to care about it :joy: :grin: :+1:t2:

That is a gross mischaracterization of the truth. Really?

But, that’s simply all I can say… I would post counter points with some links and explain it. But let’s face it. No one here wants to hear it. And, I’m not wasting my time again…

Only 1 type of politics are allowed here.

Anytime I post another point of view, the post gets flagged or deleted. Or, the thread gets locked or deleted. There are no insults, talking down to people, causing problems, etc. None of that…

But, opposite points of view are not wanted by most here and by management. That has been proven time and time again. Even when I take the time to explain my point of view with detailed information and links… It has been repeatedly proven to not be wanted here, and the whole conversation gets shut down. All I will say…

And, I’m sure some kinda follow up spin will be put on it to counter my comments by management, as usual.

1 Like

This was a fantastic summary, thank you! Your specifics on why the perfunctory warnings most sites throw up are illegal comes as a huge relief to me as someone for whom GDPR had remained opaque. Its framework against indiscretion is an important accord with technical underpinnings which still have yet to develop making its breach infeasible (or, at least, vastly less feasible), such as state-enforced free storage for encrypted bits that are a lot like a hard drive’s raw data with a private useragent serving as the look-up table, and blockchain preventing corruption of that table so that as anonymized as those bits may be they remain retrievable even if all local, private useragent caches of it are scrambled/lost (so long as private record of the identity itself can be reconstituted by the user).

2 Likes

Peace deal or not, these are countries that, in some cases, didn’t allow phone service between themselves and Israel. The last two times I traveled to Israel they don’t stamp your passport as having an Israeli stamp in there would cause problems trying to travel to other middle eastern neighbors. Normalization between Israel and other countries can bring forth better ties in the region.

2 Likes

Have to agree to disagree.

Certainly a move in the right direction.

My father worked on a pipeline during the 60s through the region. One week he would be working on the Israel side, the next over the border in Jordan. They flew out on Friday to Malta, handed over their British passport to the ambassador and they were handed a second passport without Israeli stamp, then swap back the next week, so they could go back.
They would wave at the guards on the other side of the fence. On the fence, it was all very friendly, but at the actual border posts or the airport customs control, that was another matter entirely.

2 Likes

I think you’re right, I can’t stand the man, but since his daughter, son in law and grandchildren are all Jewish it’s pretty tough to label him an anti-Semite :joy:

2 Likes

I have been a listener for many years. I just joined the Forum primarily to comment on this episode. It was outstanding. If I want more on the iPhone, I can listen to one of several other TWiT podcasts. This was thought-provoking and extremely well-done.

6 Likes

Well, to be fair, his wife and grandparents were immigrants…

3 Likes

LOL, true enough, but they were legal immigrants, which does not seem to be an issue with him! Of course, that’s this week, so…:joy:

Not strictly true, for example legal asylum seekers are held in squalid refugee camps in Mexico.

Trump says that’s because only the “low IQ” refugees attend their court hearings. (By the way, a four pinnochio lie: https://nowthisnews.com/politics/trump-claims-only-immigrants-with-the-lowest-iq-show-up-for-court-hearings-in-appalling)

3 Likes

I live near the border, but not on it. Admittedly, none of us are there right now to see things with our own eyes… Maybe the situation is horrible, maybe it’s not… Because, it really is at the point where we cannot believe anything that is written by the media anymore…

But Leo…You and I will never agree on any political issue… But, I will say that the NY Times has been caught many, many times making up stories for the last several years. Yes it’s true… Literally making up their own facts and getting caught after the fact… Making them up. And for also discipling it’s employees for not being liberal enough. And also for editing their stories within a few hours when Democratic campaigns complain to them about information in their story…

They are not enough of a credible news organization. They are not to be believed even if they were to write a story about the color of the sky or about what time of day it is. They are no longer what they used to be. It doesn’t matter what the story is about. Any topic. They should be ashamed of what they have become.

So, a story written by them is literally less than worthless…

So where do you get your factual news from?

2 Likes

That was a pretty shocking statement during the debate…

Here’s the best quote- “I take full responsibility. It’s not my fault”

2 Likes

LOL, you’re confusing them with FOX

1 Like

Not true. You may disagree with FOX’s point of view, but they are not making up news stories like the NYTs. The NYTs HAS been caught numerous times.

My comments above are not tied to politics. Have a left or right view, it doesn’t matter. I’m not getting into politics in this thread. I am saying that the NYT’s flat out makes up the news. That is a fact.

1 Like

Citations for this claim?

1 Like

Do you ever check your news sources on sites like-

1 Like