TWIG 659: Keeping Up With the Higginbothams

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

@JeffJarvis Holy crap…talk about panicking. Your tweet “Today on Twitter feels like the last evening in a Berlin nightclub at the twilight of Weimar Germany.” What is with the constant comparison to Nazi Germany and Hillter?

Why is it okay for rich individuals to own The NYT, The Atlantic, and The Washington Post but not Twitter?

“Don’t like it, build your own Twitter.”
“No…I’ll just buy Twitter.” Heads explode.

Jeff, look back at all of your “disinformation” stories over the last three years (or more) that you helped or applauded getting spiked, censored, ignored, etc,. that turned out to be TRUE.

I’m surprised I haven’t heard you say “You know. Free speech really isn’t good for democracy” yet. Or did I just miss it?

Let’s just say I totally agree with P_J. I suspect that Jeff will demand Leo remove my login.

There’s been some discussion in the past couple of episodes about how long the episodes are. Last week, the hosts kept saying they were tired but the show went 2 3/4 hours if I remember. When I first started listening to TWIG, in the days of Gina Trapani (just trying to date myself), shows were 1 1/2 hours with the rare one getting up to 2 hours. Now they are routinely 2 1/2 hours or more. As the shows have become longer my listening has gone down. Don’t know if anyone else feels the same.

1 Like