TWIG 600: Jalapeño

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

1 Like

@Leo You dodged a bullet convincing Lisa not to jump on Chat; it is not a suitable replacement for Slack, and you would be profoundly underwhelmed.

2 Likes

@JeffJarvis I think these guys @ Juice Meda sum up the situation in Australia pretty well - Honest Government Ad | News Corp Bargaining Code - YouTube

1 Like

I just love how Stacey is the only adult in the room at points… :joy:

7 Likes

I just love this podcast. I feel like I am listening to a conversation between people who have been my friends for years. And I love the veering away from actual Google discussions to far ranging topics. Love all four of you. Thanks!

7 Likes

Gorsh, I’m blushing.

Honestly I feel a little guilty about TWiG. It’s the least orderly show I do. But it’s a guilty pleasure for me. I’m glad to hear it is for you, too.

8 Likes

This is pretty much how I see it, as well. I think I’ve mentioned to someone that each week we’re a group of people who loves each other, that’s getting together to chat. I’ve told Mr. Laporte and the TWiG family how much Wednesdays mean to me. “Going to work” in the past (for me) never had this type of vibe. We can disagree about a topic, agree about a topic, LAUGH (or cry) about a topic or just go out to left field about holla peenyoes. :laughing: :laughing: THX for watching

6 Likes

She’s not adult, she’s only sincere. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This show needs something, As it stands now it is stale. The topics change a little from week to week but the discussion seem to devolve into the same non tech babble. It also seems that the guests are not prepared and comment “off the cuff”. Compared to shows like Windows Weekly, This Week in Enterorise Tech and Security Now…twig is a trainwreck.

That might be a bit harsh. Maybe it helps to think of TWIG as the (American) arthouse podcast of the TWIT network. The flutes are a hint. Having no Google focused hosts on (journalism/IOT) is another. TWIG is not the same as the rest, i.e. too focused on the subject. Otherwise it would be the TWIT funeral show holding mass over all products Google cancels. All it might need is a different name. Something like Tech Society and Media Club. TSMC. Wonderful. :wink:

4 Likes

To the extent it seems “of the cuff” I think that’s because so many of the topics fall outside the hosts’ daily workflows given their diverse backgrounds and areas of focus. Jeff is not going to stay up on all the chip stuff; Ant is not going to closely follow the media side; etc. I’ve been listening to the network for a decade and all the shows go through ups and downs. To me, Windows Weekly, is getting stale. I love the WW crew, but I have started scrubbing through the update talk. Thirty minutes this week on the Settings Update screen? Snooze.

2 Likes

I like TWiG as it is. It’s one of my favourite shows on the network.

4 Likes

Good, bad or indifferent, I watch it every week😁

4 Likes

Was a great show I was crying with laughter during the jalapeño bit. Leo with some comedic gold

2 Likes

I think you just explained there relationship exactly. Same goes for Windows weekly and all about Android. All the hosts get along and are not scared to show there own opinion .

1 Like