TTG 1688 for Sunday 19 April 2020

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

Excited to finally register and be a part of this great community! As a northern Mainer and a teacher in a public school who also is the Technology Director your shows keep me on top of things! I am a music teacher and one of the microphones I have been buying for staff has been the Audio-Technica AT2005USB. It is a USB dynamic microphone and it sounds really good!! I have built a recording studio for our students and also use the Heil Pr-40’s based off your setup. When I was testing out the AT2005 I was really impressed with the quality. Most non-audio people won’t hear a difference and it isn’t a condenser mic so it won’t pickup your dogs snoring downstairs. It costs $70 on most the websites I have seen so I would highly suggest it, plug it in and go!

3 Likes

The caller with the older laptop and ATI x300 graphics, AMD.com does have a legacy graphics driver for Windows 10 (Vista 32 or 64 Bit driver will work). The ATI X graphics were widely used for many models for many laptop manufacturers.

Go to https://www.amd.com/en/support. On the second drop down menu scroll all the way down and select “Legacy Graphics” then on the third drop down menu select the model series for your graphics then download the Vista 32 or 64 Bit driver. This will install on Windows 10.

I had a laptop earlier this year with the exact same issue it had ATI X1200 graphics with no apparent driver is sight, then after a final search online on a forum someone suggested the AMD site. I downloaded the 64 Bit Driver for the ATI X1200 Vista driver and tried it after installing it and it worked.

2 Likes