TWiT AMA 1 with Network Hosts

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

2 Likes

It was a great show. Nice dynamic between the hosts and the format worked well with a lot of good questions.

For anyone who wants to check out the recording, it’s TWiT Bits episode 6154.

3 Likes

I enjoyed the show, you should do more of the AMA’s. Learned a lot about the hosts. I know they are all good people, but it’s nice to see more of their human side.

2 Likes

I’m sitting at home, watching the playback. I’m about 70+ minutes in and am waiting for ANY of the 4 to say what headphones they use. Yes, Heil’s are a standard broadcast microphone, but what cans do you use? And what mic is Ant using, exactly?

1 Like

What is the chair @mikahsargent is sitting on?
Is it this: https://www.autonomous.ai/office-chairs/ergonomic-chair

I am thinking of getting this to replace my aging IKEA Markus chair and wondering what others thought of it.

1 Like

I was listening to it live and heard Ant say he was using a Legacy LSM-60, although I think Leo misheard that as an SM60, which is a Shure mic. The picture on this page matches up with Ant’s mic:

Seems to be pretty much unobtainable now, so may have been out of production for a while.

I remember that Leo always uses AKG headphones and Mikah’s look like they could be Sony, possibly something like the MDR-7506:

Leo’s cans are visually very like this model, although no guarantee it’s identical:

https://www.akg.com/Headphones/Professional%20Headphones/K240-Studio.html

1 Like

My mic is an OLD “cheap” mic I got several years ago. I don’t think it’s available anymore. It’s a Legacy LSM-60 cardiod that’s side address. My headphones/monitors are my trusty Sennheiser HD280-Pro. My mixer for the XLR mics is a Behringer X1204 which also has a USB interface.
Thanks for watching the AMA. We had fun :fist_right:t5:

1 Like

Correct. That’s my mic and it’s a dead brand now. Sounds good, tho :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Honestly I absolutely loved this, definitely not a usual format but a relaxed conversation like this is a great change of pace. I would love to see this expanded more in the future, maybe not as a normal weekly podcast or even as a strictly “Ask Me Anything” question answering style but even just a monthly discussion between many TWiT hosts that doesn’t even necessarily have to be about tech would be really cool. Gives people a chance to get to know the hosts better without the constraints of constant news and to hear about their opinions on even non-Tech things.

3 Likes

It is funny, growing up in the UK, we never had a laughter track, even on imported US shows.

There was a huge uproar, when the BBC received a season of MAS*H with the US laughter track. They had so many complaints that after 2 or 3 episodes, they had to pause it until they managed to get the correct version, withouth the laughter track.

I find it disturbing, listening to a comedy with a laughter track. I like to decide for myself, whether something is funny or not. Live comedy is an exception, of course.

I had a great LP of a show on the Edinburgh Fringe, " Glompus Van De Hloed’s Tales From The Crypt" and it had a laughter track, but the jokes were coming so fast, the audience missed half of the jokes, because they were still coming down from laughing at the previous joke.

1 Like