The Photo Thread: Week of 2020-09-20

Water droplet.

Canon EOS M50, f/6.3, 1/1250, 45mm

10 Likes

Wow, that is really cool :+1:t2:

Thanks! Here’s an updated version - I went to the RAW image and adjusted a few things. The sky is not a blown out white now.

7 Likes

Saturday evening stroll around a pond of the Osterseen (Easter lakes), looking south onto the Alps around Zugspitze. Not modified (likely automatic HDR), S10e.

7 Likes

Autumn is here :maple_leaf::fallen_leaf: Walking around the village yesterday evening.

Uffington, Oxfordshire, UK

4 Likes

I was raised in Witney West Oxfordshire

1 Like

Enjoying one of the last warm days for the season in the NC mountains. Pixel 4a, edits in Google Photos.

3 Likes

Plane flying over while I’m at the local park.

Taken with Pixel 4, edited on Snapseed

4 Likes

Went for a stroll with my X100V

8 Likes

This is my place of employment. I haven’t set foot in the building since March 13.

5 Likes

New thread.

1 Like

Care to share your approach on this shot or shots like this? Love it, btw.

1 Like

Thanks, Ant!

I just had my eye out (camera in hand, of course) and noticed that he was about to walk in front of the stand. I ran ahead of him to frame the shot, cranked up the shutter speed to 1/900, and took a few photos. I spend a ton of time walking around with my camera looking for a shot. For vertical shots, I tend to crop at 4x5. Luckily, the X100V is a 26-megapixel camera, giving me enough of an image to work with. The more I shoot, the more I appreciate having a fixed lens camera. Takes a lot of the guesswork out of it.

3 Likes

Love this thought process. So matter of fact, yet deliberate.

1 Like