The Photo Thread: Week of 2020-03-08

I was all eager to post this week, but you guys blew the doors off of it. I am not worthy. Every one of these is National Geographic worthy.

Agreed. They are particularly good this week. That should not stop you from posting yours though.

1 Like

Loving the composition in this shot.

Never think that. My shot was just a quick shot out the windscreen of a rainbow. No effects, no post. It shows the rainbow, but it could be pimped up for more saturation. But I still posted it, because it documented the situation.

And if you never show your work, you will never know how good or bad it is and how to define or improve your style. At least you rarely get people stomping all over your work with negative comments here, not like some “professional” photo forums, which show all the professionalism of a pack of dingos.

2 Likes

I just put the image through Snapseed (my first attempt), increased contrast and saturation and used the accentuate filter.
Edit: The house looks very artificial zoomed in, but with the accentuation, you can see the second shadow rainbow.
Edit 2: And that is much closer to how the scene actually looked. It was very bright and the rainbow colours were very vivid.

5 Likes

Give yourself some credit! We are all worthy.

4 Likes

Just another voice saying “don’t think that way.” Post away. We want to see them. If you want suggestions on how to improve a shot, ask.

2 Likes

I photo of where I walk my dogs.

7 Likes

@rah
I like how you were able to catch the sun’s rays…

1 Like

Bushes near my house are flowering. Figured it might make a nice wallpaper for a phone.

5 Likes

I could make a double rainbow joke, but I wont. It does look very nice. I bet Chris Marquardt from Leo’s radio show would like it. He really seems to like things like the rain on the windscreen at the top improving the story.

1 Like

THANKS! That halo is the aftermath of over doing the clarity slider or high pass filter. I try to avoid that in most instances, but in this one I didn’t care.
I appreciate your compliment. For realz. :fist_right:t4:

3 Likes

love it when we get this opps. Nice one

2 Likes

This is a September shot, but I really like it. Scottish highland loch

7 Likes

Oh, don’t worry, my ego is big enough to love my own photos. I just refrained from posting this week as a tribute to all the stunning photos on this week’s thread. I will be back with a vengeance after I have settled into the next country. I actually hadn’t picked one out yet, so I was able to enjoy these and get back to Stardew Valley.@P_J, @Uzetaab

Okay, I just spotted this one in the last bunch I took. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed yours. I call it Just Chilling.

6 Likes

I read your comment below about the Vegas shot. You reminded me how much fun I used to have playing with effects to make unreal looking photos. When I get my new MacBook I am going to have to get back to doing sone of those things.

4 Likes

Do it! Then post the results. :sunglasses:

THANKS. I’m totally a “mood” post-processor. I remember the mood and feel from when I click the shutter and try to pass that into post. My memory is craptastic, but I tend to remember what I felt when I shot something. That shot was from CES week. I’m still going thru shots from end of January and February. :man_facepalming:t5:

3 Likes

iPhone 11 Plus using Moment camera app (that I really haven’t learned how to use yet.)

Spring is slowly moving into western Wisconsin. Just a little patch of snow in the photo. Returning birds I’ve seen in the last week: robin, blue bird, red wing black bird, killdeer, sandhill crane, gulls, and other waterfowl.

10 Likes

That looks fantastic

4 Likes