The Photo Thread: Week of 2020-02-23

Sorry for all the weather pics, been having summer storms for the past few days here in Perth, Australia.

Pixel does a pretty fine job in managing to capture lightning strikes.

12 Likes

Pretty sure you’ve not posted it before. It’s very good. The photographer holding the prop is an interesting twist. It worked well.

1 Like

Same here in Brisbane, Australia. Took this outside the Springfield campus of the University of Southern Queensland.

Tweaked in Google photos, but I might go back and change it, the grass looks like it has direct sunlight on it.

3 Likes

and late dusk from across my pool.

tweaked in google photos mostly to saturate the colours.

!

and the last photo fixed. I wonder if I can make it a smaller thumbnail?

Ah, I can choose the size in the preview pane.

2 Likes

Do you get tornadoes?

1 Like

Not in Perth. In really bad storms some unfortunate area might see a mini one for a brief period; small amount of damage and news gets excited but that’s about it.

With climate change however our weather is definately getting more tropical, so it might happen more often.

1 Like

I love how she is in the smartphone as well, which is giving us a different angle.

We don’t really get tornadoes at all in Australia, unless you count the ones made of fire:

Sorry couldn’t resist reinforcing the stereotype that everything is more dangerous in Australia :grinning:

Plenty of Hurricanes though.

2 Likes

Senior photos I took for my sister in law

Panasonic GH2 with 80mm lens

4 Likes