The Photo Thread: Week of 09-05-2021

Hey there!

Sorry, sightly oversharing today. It was just a lovely day. From a 2 hour hike up a hill south of here. After August was rainy and cold, September gets up to a much better start. All green and blue. Love those colours.

10 Likes

Two bees per flower

6 Likes

I decided to play tourist today.

8 Likes

Out for a walk with the dog yesterday…

This is the road that runs along the flood plain behind the embankment from where I live. 5 minutes on for and you are in the nature.

6 Likes

Never apologize for sharing beauty :grinning:

5 Likes

Adding more bees

7 Likes

While out for a walk with the Dobie

7 Likes

Finally getting around to looking at some photos from a visit to Jacksonville Beach. I’ve tried playing around with RAW capture on my iPhone 12 Pro Max, but I think maybe I’m not using it in the right lighting conditions because A/B comparisons show little difference with the non-RAW.

8 Likes

Love the sunsets! (20 char minimum)

Thanks. I wish they were sunsets; I had to get up at 6am! :joy:

3 Likes

Making me miss Jax now. :crossed_fingers:t2:won’t be too long before we can travel again.

1 Like

A walk to the local pub for lunch :beer:

6 Likes

Finally took delivery of this Polestar 2, ran it out to the country to visit my folks and found a nice vista for some pics

7 Likes

What are you using to process your RAW shots?

From what I understand, shooting RAW doesn’t automatically give you a better image, it simply collects more data for your image processing application to work with. In my experience RAW shots look somewhat worse than a basic JPG until I get them into Luminar for processing.

I think @ant_pruitt did a great episode on the pros/cons of shooting RAW a while back, I’ll post it if I can find it.

Nice one! Have fun and enjoy it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Picture from my trip to Huntsville, AL last week.

And Lookout Mtn, over Chatanooga, TN

5 Likes

Here’s the episode referenced by @knewman

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll take a look. I’ve just been using the Photos app on my iPad Pro, which includes about 15 sliders. I also have Pixelmator Photo on there; I’ll give that a shot, too.

2 Likes

Thanks Ant, will have a watch this week.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: The Photo Thread: Week of 09-12-2021