Star Trek: Picard

It’s available as an amazon prime production in UK as well.
It’s a promising first episode I am looking forward to the next one.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve always hated how they make it available or not available based on region or whatever. Its all stupid they need to just make it available to watch the rest is crap. Just my opinion. I know there are probably certain economics involved but I don’t care lol.

According to Star Trek: Picard - Wikipedia :

1 Like

I’ll have to check this out. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Yeah nice find, Thanks for sharing!

I just watched the CBC reviewer say he saw the first three episodes, and rated it four stars out of five. I just hope they don’t take a radical change in direction after a few episodes as they did with Star Trek: Discovery. (I lost interest in it after they started the whole parallel univers BS and haven’t watched it since.)

1 Like

Mirror universe has been a Star Trek thing since the primal series. I love Discovery too, but it’s very different from Picard. Season 2 of Discovery was better than 1.

2 Likes

I have watched season 1 and 1/2 of season 2 up to now. I am about to just give up. The tone is quite different, and it seems to be a chore for me to keep watching it.

2 Likes

I agree Discovery is very different in tone to other Star Treks, but I still love it. Picard has had a better start though.

3 Likes

My Amazon Prime Play button says:

Watch with CBS All Access
Start your 7-day free trial

1 Like

This version of Star Trek is a lot more philosophical and close to the original Rhodenberry vision. The other Start Trek that was close to what Rhodenberry wanted to do was The New Generation, so I have high hopes.

I just watched the Trek Nation documentary a couple of days ago that explained a lot of these.

3 Likes

I Can’t wait! I pay for CBS and I have to say, It’s pretty good! Not very much content. But I really like the (U.I.) streams flawlessly. Good shows, NO adds! Netflix should take a few pointers from them. ( I really hate the Netflix U.I. ) So give it a try! Long as they don’t mess it up and keep adding good content , I will keep paying. Star Trek Disco rules!

3 Likes

I’m Digging the darker feel of Discovery. checking out Picard tonight!

1 Like

Here here! Posting to this slightly stale thread because I agree and feel strongly Netflix UI is horrid. Instead of making content discoverable they force feed you through Autoplay. At least you can turn this off on Youtube. Horrible. #deathtoautoplay

Appreciate the CBS endorsement. For me, I question paying $10/month for Picard, and maybe Blue Bloods. Well, until I can binge episodes maybe. I really dislike CBS pricing. $6 for ads? Who do they think they are? Hulu? CBS just don’t have content to support this.

2 Likes

Got through episode 2 last night. I’m really trying to enjoy it but something seems off. It’s too… much. Like Picard getting blasted backwards after the rifle explosion in the first episode right after he almost passes out just climbing stairs. Action for action’s sake? Also I think the soundtrack is trying way too hard to create a dramatic atmosphere. It’s like the showrunners are afraid to let a deep dialog stand on it’s own.

Maybe I’m just stuck in a TNG mindset and was expecting something more along the lines of that.

2 Likes

It was so so, i though. But, I liked it more than Discovery

1 Like

The first episode was really good, I just had to ignore things like the implausible action because its Hollywood lol. The second episode was more like filler to me than anything else. Ah well.

1 Like

I think the first three of four episodes are just filling in all the background details to cover the time since we last saw Picard and to set up the reason why Picard is driven to solve the central problem they’re defining. In ST:TNG they had Picard as someone more stoic and a leader who motivated others, this one seems like they’ve got Picard being much more central to the action, at least so far (after two episodes.)

4 Likes

They are setting up the story. Introducing characters and main villains in the second episode. I think the plot will be predictable. Let’s see if they manage to add a plot twist.

2 Likes

I share this view. I liked it.

2 Likes