Star Trek: Picard

Watched this on Amazon Prime when I got back from work, and wow, what a start to the series. Very much looking forward to the rest of the season.

6 Likes

I just downloaded the first episode! Super excited to watch, should have some reflections in a day or so.

Will this be a spoiler thread?

1 Like

Don’t know about spoiler thread, just thought I’d mention really enjoyed it.

1 Like

Well Discourse has spoiler tags to blur out things… people just have to remember to use them.

I found the whole episode to feel like it was leading to a trapped in the matrix reveal until the end… and then the Borg implication was kinda shocking.

1 Like

I really enjoyed it. Very cinematic and not constant action like Discovery is. It feels like a good TNG episode with better production values at the moment.

3 Likes

Patrick Stewart could read impeachment proceedings and make them entertaining :wink:

6 Likes

Don’t know about him, but I agree about Patrick Stewart :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, I’ve been up for nearly 24 hrs straight… cut my fingers some slack :crazy_face:

3 Likes

The wikipedia page says that Jonathan Frakes is directing episodes 3 and 4. Don’t go there if spoilers are a concern for you because the episode plot summary (for E1) is pretty complete. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Picard

2 Likes

Yeah it was pretty great, was waiting a long time for this to start. I enjoyed it. The cast guests seem to be very interesting as well, I don’t really like it when they start showing to much in previews at the end of a show (kind of like they are unsure of their selves if the episode was enough to hook people) then they just give away all the surprises for the later shows. Ah well its good to see some good TV again.
On a side note I had to go lookup Stewart’s age after watching it. I had no idea he was nearly 80 years old, WoW, And still doing a fantastic job.

3 Likes

I refuse to pay for CBS All Access to watch this series. Though I really want to.

3 Likes

I will probably catch it later, when more episodes are available

2 Likes

It is an Amazon Prime Exclusive over here…

2 Likes

Yeah you can watch it on Prime in the US along with some other more questionable sites!

1 Like

Didn’t realize it was on Prime in the US.

2 Likes

It shows up on mine, go to Amazon and type in Star Trek Picard and its at the top of the list and says watch this.

1 Like

Yeah, I checked it out. Only the teasers are available. The show isn’t.

1 Like

Hmm, odd it shows me the actual show that I can watch, Sorry man

1 Like

When you say “watched on Amazon Prime” do you mean CBS Video purchased through Amazon? Was not aware this was part of Prime Video…

No I just login to amazon and go to the title and click watch, I have amazon prime but I do not have CBS nor have I purchased anything.
My account is kind of like a business account though so maybe I have some other kind of perks. I don’t know.