Question of the day - How many different computers in the same day?

On an average day - how many computers do you use on a single day? Just curious…

• One
  • Two
  • Three
  • Four-five
  • Six-eight
  • Nine or More

0 voters

1 Like

I usually use 3 - one at work, and two personal ones…

I’m counting tablets as computers here, and my general pattern is Windows PC, iPad, Android tablet, an Android phone. Each of them is set up to address quite different tasks, and it’s just a convenience for me not to have everything on one device. Effectively I’m maintaining four different contexts, even in apps that appear on all devices. Within any one app, I may have more than one account, and using the devices I have to separate out those contexts works for me.

1 Like

Well I just counted my Mac desktop in the poll, but if we’re counting tablets, it’s 3, adding an Android tablet & an iPad.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure what to include, but given that many tasks I would have done on a PC I’m now doing on a phone or tablet, and my phone is better on RAM and CPU than several of my Windows laptops, I felt I had to include them.

In fact, although I’m online every day, I don’t turn on a PC every single day. Other days I might use 5 different PCs.

PC, iPad, Android tablet, phone is probably my average day.

2 Likes

If I count my phone, I am up to 4.

A bucket load.

Ryzen PC at home, laptop at home sometimes. Laptop at work.

The PCs I set up at work (varies from zero to about 10 a day).

Servers I work on, configure etc. (anything up to around 50).

User PCs I need to “visit” (TeamViewer) and look at, help the user do something, repair etc.

Then there is my private phone, company phone, Kindle and Fire Tablet…

2 Likes

Me too. What about a smartwatch? LOL The list is growing. If I count my phone & smartwatch, the number is 5. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Yep, me too.

Wait, I forget my home server that I SSH into, so that’s 6 :slight_smile:

Even more if we count the servers I connect to at work :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:rofl: Well I only counted devices I completed a task with :rofl:

1 Like

But I do complete tasks, on multiple SQL Server machines, Reporting Services machines, TFS server… they’re just all remote :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was replying to @MacPhyle but forgot that the Android Discourse app doesn’t always reflect if you clicked the reply button in someone’s post. I should have quoted to make it clearer, apologies. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No worries. I think the iOS app does the same.

2 Likes

Please define “computer”.

2 Likes

I was originally thinking PC/Windows/Mac/Linux/Chrome. But, the responses show that people have been counting phones and tablets. I guess those could be “computers” too

1 Like

I use 3 on my desk at work, another 2 in the warehouse at work. And I pretty regularly am doing something almost everyday on the 7 I have at home including my server. I also have my 2 Rpi’s at home and multiple servers I access at work so probably to many to count lol.

3 Likes

Oops, I should have included my phone! So, three, not two. When I was still working it would have been nine or more as I worked in a hospital lab which had a computer at each workstation and I bounced around to seven or eight stations…sometimes more. Add in the three I typically use at home brings the number to eleven! I sure don’t miss those old cantankerous Windows 7 machines. :crazy_face:. Most of them were originally Windows XP units that were barely upgradable!

I’m now happy with my Mac, my iPad and iPhone with an occasional game played on my Windows 10 gaming machine. It’s a happy life, I tell ya!

1 Like