Photoshop for the iPad is out

While it’s great you’ve finagled a way around Adobe’s cloud hooks that works for you, the broader point is that there’s clear evidence already that basic features such as creating new documents are rendered impossible locally due to online hooks. That’s I think most concerning of all. But even more so in conjunction with design assumptions being cloud-first throughout both the software and pricing models.

1 Like

yeah i thought CaptureOne had a better simulation for Fuji than Adobe, @Joe. May wanna give it a look in case it works better for you. I’m LR heavy so I would use CaptureOne sparingly.

Welcome to the TWiT Forums, Tommy.

1 Like

Cheers @ant_pruitt nice to meet y’all.

2 Likes

As regards PS on the iPad, it’s not for me. I dislike the subscription model and while I’d like to have both PS and ID on either Mac or iOS I’ve found myself working fine without either. 90% of what I do is within Capture One.

The Affinity options still don’t cut it for me though on the iPad. I do think that Pixelmator Pro is a wonderful example of what you can do on an iPad, all the myriad complex and endlessly finesse-able tools of PS aside.

For me, if I get it right in the camera, I don’t really do much with it beyond the essentials of raw development.

3 Likes

I might give it a shot if I decide to cancel my Creative Cloud subscription.

1 Like

I’ll have to see if I can do that. Otherwise it’s Luminar, Capture One, or DxO. The one thing that I still like about Lightroom is the ability to work on the iPad and sync to the desktop.

I’m probably switching full time to Linux anyway with Dark table or Raw therapee. I’ll have to figure out how to sync with the iPad in that case. So far on this trip an iPad only workflow has been ok.

2 Likes

I don’t suppose glue like Automations and Zappier could cobble together something adequate? It really depends on how valuable you find avoiding an online ankle-bracelet.

1 Like

I don’t have an iPad Pro. So far PS on it can lag some and I don’t like that I can’t currently use sharpening filters. Compositing was Adobe’s focus, for sure. I was able to use the tools to remove the glare from these glasses just like I would on the desktop. But, ended up exporting a TIFF to finishing processing in Lightroom CC on the iPad.

3 Likes

Oh I also removed my leg from the bench and filled it in with more bench.

Honestly Ant - you should look into an iPad Pro - I swear, I only edit photos on iPad Pro now, using Affinity Photo - fast, full featured and saaaweet

editing - best burger in town!

2 Likes

The new Air looks nice as well. Might even be a better option.

2 Likes

Yeah I do wish I had an iPad Pro, but I can’t commit to buying one. I’d rather have an espresso machine at home. #DontJudgeMe

3 Likes

LOL at #don’t judge me!!! Good one Ant

1 Like