Photo Thread: Week 2021-02-07

Let’s bookend the thread for this week with a fallen tree that looks like an elephant marching out onto the frozen lake (Easter Lakes south of Munich). With some good will. It’s been absolutely beautiful out there, today. :slight_smile: One of those days and places that feel like a present.

2 Likes

Germany is such a beautiful country.

2 Likes

This picture makes me anxious because this bridge confuses me. Why does it have barriers in the apparent middle and you can’t use the side visible in the picture?

Maybe someone was after an architecture award.

2 Likes

Glad you like it! On a really good day, it can look like something out of Scandinavia or Canada. :slight_smile: It’s funny how one sometimes thinks of beauty in one’s own region as mirroring a desirable remote place. Other than that, it just feels like “home”. Which is a unique quality all by itself, I suppose.

2 Likes

Hopefully one day in the future. I’ll get to visit your country. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Maybe this angle will help

5 Likes

Wow it’s much wider than it seemed from the other angle. Thanks for the second pic.

1 Like

No power for several hours. It’s pretty but ice is bad for power lines near trees. :frowning:

6 Likes

Wow! Very pretty but hope the interruption to power wasn’t too inconvenient

Ended up being a little more than three hours, wasn’t too bad.

New thread for a new week…

1 Like