Molekule's claims are fake?

Like @Brickshy Lisa loves her Molekule, and always knows when it’s not on. That’s why we accepted them as an advertiser.

When I saw the Wirecutter piece I reached out to Molekule for a response. We’re on a conference call with them next week but here are a couple of points:

1. Dyson is a paying member of NAD. Molekule is not. NAD is neither a testing lab, nor a non-profit. It’s a part of the BBB.

2. Despite multiple requests from Molekule, Wirecutter was unwilling to test the PECO claims, saying they lacked the facilities. Their test was limited to particulates.

3. The Lawrence Berkeley National Labs just concluded a test of Molekule’s PECO capabilities, and they reported Molekule was able to remove 90% of VOCs from the air including toluene, limonene and ozone. This is something the Wirecutter has consistently ignored. You can read the report for yourself here: https://escholarship.org/uc/item/5mt139k5#main

I trust the Wirecutter and Consumer Reports, but neither publication tested for Molekule’s ability to remove the smaller particles that HEPA filters cannot block.

As I said I’m going to follow up with Molekule to learn more and I’ll fill you in when I do.

28 Likes