IOS 467: The Automation Episode

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

1 Like

“It’s getting near to time for an advert” - did that mean “we should have done one ages ago”? :rofl:

Great show! I have some NFC tags somewhere…

Great show!! I thought all the conversation about Siri Shortcuts was great, and much needed. Is there a way for us to get a copy of the shortcut that Matthew Cassinelli made for Leo to let people know he is on his way and “Not in a ditch?”. I’d like to get a copy of it. I think it would be very useful.

1 Like

I would like to see it also. @Leo @mikahsargent any chance you can share that shortcut? Also love the new forum.

3 Likes

I honestly LOVE the dynamic between @Leo and @mikahsargent! As a gay person in tech, I really appreciate Mikah’s addition to Twit. Leo, you rock and thank you for all the wonderful work you do. I love you both!

6 Likes

Yes, and from the shortcut you built… can that be incorporated into an automation? Or does a shortcut have to be rebuilt from scratch under the automation section?

Thanks for the great information in the show- it was very helpful!

1 Like

Maybe @matthewcassinelli can share the shortcut he made on the show.

2 Likes

When you make an automation, you can build an entirely new one out; OR you can choose the Run Shortcut action, and choose any Shortcut you’ve previously made.

2 Likes

I just started playing around with the Run Shortcut Action that’s pretty cool how it works. I think it’s interesting.

1 Like

That the where is @Leo shortcut works is a show stopper :crazy_face: great episode! Time to go listen to it again.

1 Like

No, no, it’s the “Leo’s not in a ditch” shortcut! :rofl:

Did @Leo @mikahsargent every post the shortcut yet?? They were talking about posting it on the last iOS today.

@mikahsargent What iPhone 11 Pro Max case do you have? I love the look of it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey, @matthewcassinelli ! Any chance at providing the shortcut to all of us?
Would be much appreciated…!