Seems like a good group to get some realistic feedback from users of the internet if they ever had a system infected by a virus.
Some ground rules;
Let’s use 1995 as a beginning date (I’ll answer the obvious question. That is when Microsoft added Windows Explorer to Windows).
Let’s not go into what AV is the best, or only one to use, or is total crap. Just reply to the questions, if interested.
- Ever had a system inadvertently infected by any form of malicious malware?
- Ever permanently lost important data as result of an infection?
- Had to re-install their operating system from scratch, or have had a saved boot copy to recover from, used a virus cleaner, or paid someone to remove the virus, as result of an infection?
- Had an AV installed when infected?
- Installed an AV after an infection?
- Actually changed their online behaviour as a result of having an infection?
- Been infected multiple times?