Creating an air print server on m1 mac

Hi guys,
This is a question for Mikah or Rosemary. I have an old but still good Epson Artisan 730 printer. I can’t get it to connect to my Eero Pro 6 Router. It used to connect. My question is do you know how I can install or setup an Air print Server on my M1 Max so that I can still print from my 2020 iPad Pro to my Epson Printer.

Thank You; love the show,

A Discord member ,
John

Hi John,

I’ll put this into the list of feedback to get to on the show, but in the mean time I have some suggestions:

• Printopia, I used this a few years ago on a previous printer I had.
  • Instead of using your Mac, you could get a Raspberry Pi which can also do other things such as block ads which might be nice, especially if you want to sleep your Mac/take it with you.

The manual I saw online implies the printer can be wired. I have never used Eero’s but do they have wired ports on the remotes? Try connecting the printer wired, and see if that helps eliminate one source of frustration (i.e. the problem might not be networking, but software or configuration, but you should be able to eliminate the networking complication if you can avoid WiFi.)

Thanks, Right now I can just plug in my M1 Max into the printer. I use the app Notability on my ipad and would love to be able to print again instead of Texting or emailing or Airdropping the file to my Mac in order to print. Better yet, if you guys know why my Printer stopped connecting directly to my Eero Pro 6. It used to connect and to my previous router the Netgear Orbi. But will not connect now.