Computer Boot Issues

I guess i should have specified that. but that’s what i meant by re-installing the video drivers

Perfectly right, just meant to underscore your point, @CleVeRFeLLa .

@SamGreenwood : There is an even more “robust” way of going about it, especially if nothing helps right now - boot into “safe mode” and uninstall the current video drivers. The idea is to reboot and allow the system to discover that there a) is a GPU, that b) there is no driver, c) either it tries reinstalling the driver by itself in “regular mode” or d) it tries to start in “regular mode” but with generic VGA drivers. Then, at least, you have a screen with the generic VGA (probably very basic settings) but a running regular instance of Windows to try and install the current HP-VEGA-Driver. May be a last resort kind of thing before considering a reinstall. Technically, it cannot get that much worse than not showing anything, I suppose.

We probably agree that this is kind of like giving the TV a light smack to its side and hope that magic happens, but sometimes, if smacked just right, … says the pacifist.

Did you try plugging a valid screen into the HDMI port?

1 Like

https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/installer/19.50/beta/radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-20.4.1-minimalsetup-200402_web.exe

I’ll try that. I will get back to you when I’m done.

2 Likes
1 Like

just want to add, that the fan controls to my AMD graphics are in the Adrenalin software … you said it was hot. hum maybe try it

I’m back. I’ve booted the computer into safe mode what next?

Now in Safe Mode with Networking now I don’t have an internet connection and no network options appear.

Anyone here? I still need help.

Mine did that once, Also a HP was corrupt version of Windows. Re-Installed Windows from a live usb and haven’t had an issue since.

1 Like

Yeah remote in and back up all your stuff . Try reloading windows from scratch . Try a “Vanilla” intall of Windows 10 use this guide to make your install disk. youll have to set your UEFI/BIOS to boot to usb first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abpAPQH1RsI

1 Like

Have you backed up your data? You’re probably going to need it.

1 Like

Since you are able to remote in to your device, are you able to access the Windows 10 Recovery options? If so, you might consider trying those before you take any nuke options.

Another thing you might try if possible from remote in, can you access the Update settings? If so, see if any updates installed after last successful use. If so, try uninstalling them.

Actually I’m using an HP device but had other issues with the device a few months ago and clean installed then.

Called HP they are convinced that the device is corrupted. On hold with Microsoft support to get a second opinion. The HP rep elevated me to a level 2 rep but the centre closed while I was talking to her so the level 2 rep is calling me tomorrow.

yeah sounds Bad , especially with running so hot . Maybe ask for a different model as replacement (hopefully still under warranty)

I wasn’t super hot just kinda warm. She didn’t even ask me about the temperature. She had me run some kind of BIOS test. She thought that it’s not a hardware issue. The interesting thing is as I said earlier I’m able to remote into the computer and use it like that other than the screen not working it works normally

sounds like a bad video driver and or card. I would back up, then nuke then install https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-software then use this tool auto detect your video drivers and install them .it al so lets you ramp up your fans in most cases

that’s possible. I’ll run that test.

The Microsoft rep was more helpful but we still didn’t solve it. It got a little more interesting. The Microsoft rep had me try to do a recovery but the device just bounced me back into recovery mode each time I tried it just bounced me back to the recovery menu when I tried to boot off a US drive. She escalated me to their Level 2 support. She was able to get the screen to temporarily work by manually triggering the driver.