Club TWiT Questions and Answers

@Leo and @moderators - unfortunately this is the only screen / option I am presented with. Possibly there is a roundabout way to pay through Google Pay etc., it would be helpful if you could “pin” those methods to the top of the channel.

I believe that the payment options you are presented with vary depending on what OS/browser you’re on. Maybe Google Pay will show up in Chrome on and Android device?

Apple Pay gives you a Mastercard number, at least in the US. If you’re using Chrome on Android you can use Google Pay. Check the FAQ:

I appreciate your willingness to support us! Stay tuned - I think we’re going to add Apple subscriptions, too.

Is https://privacy.com/ available in your area? I operate the same way, I rarely ever leave a static card in a system if I can help it.

1 Like

No. And no Apple Pay either / or Apple Card (yet). Not sure why Apple has not prioritized it. Both Amazon pay and Google Pay are doing pretty well. India is a large market for mobile phone based digital micro-transactions. Govt has actively advocated for it over the past few years as a method of financial inclusion, and certainly the pandemic has been a big catalyst. I think the last cash transaction I have done may have been over 2 years back, and not more than 10 times in the past 3-4 years.

You mean the new Apple Podcasts stuff or the ability to manage subs in the settings app? The latter would be great and I’d love to switch over my existing subscription to that if possible.

1 Like

I just joined Club Twit.
I’ve been watching five+ TWiT shows for a long time and think it is time to pay my fair share. I’m watching the Leo and Lisa special event right now. Wonderful!
Got logged into Discord…OMG…got some learnin’ to do. Can’t wait to figure it out.

6 Likes

Awesome! Welcome P_J - it’s a very nice community so ask for help if you get lost. But I think you’ll soon be as addicted as I am!

1 Like

What happens during the commercial breaks for those with Club Twit membership? Since they are on a separate ad-free live feed, as I understand, what goes on during the time Leo is reading commercials?

The live feed will still have Leo reading ads. For the playbacks, they are cut out.

4 Likes

There is only ONE live feed, it’s the same for everyone, and it contains the ad reads, any screw-ups/re-records etc. The live feed is recorded, and then post-processed into multiple feeds. There are ad-free audio and video feeds for Club TWiT members, and then there are the feeds with ads for non-members that have existed pretty much forever.

4 Likes