Club TWiT Questions and Answers

Thanks. I’ll look into it.

iTunes should still work.

The Ads in twit have been very educational to me. When or if I join I might still listen to the ad supported streams.

6 Likes

Quick shout out to @Leo : the first run of the Linux Show was excellent! It would be awesome to keep this going. Really enjoyed it. Especially since it has a very enthusiasts but not at all elitist vibe - amateur in the best sense of the word. Feels like a learn-along for Linux. This week in FLOSS is excellent in its own right, but the dives can be too deep for my taste.

5 Likes

So glad you liked it. Jonathan is all in - I think it’s going to happen. But it will also evolve over time. We’ll do our best to preserve that vibe - that’s when the open source community is at its best: open and inclusive.

3 Likes

Is there a Linux show?

yes and it’s up on the Twit+ audio feed

1 Like

Just a suggestion, but would it be possible to post what is on the TWiT+ feed for those not in Club TWiT (not the program itself obviously, but a title/subject/etc)? That way people that might be on the edge of subscribing might see what they are missing?

2 Likes

Thanks for that tip. I had no idea that was buried in VLC. That will work in a pinch. It’s a little clunky though.

It’s too bad Google Podcasts doesn’t seem to support video. That would be a good web based alternative.

I setup the Android app AntennaPod on my Chromebook which works well with the video feeds. I will probably use that for viewing while I work away on my other computer. Either that or just continue watching the videos from TWiT.tv, since I don’t really mind the ads. I’ll only need the alternative options for TWiT+ or any other special club only episodes.

3 things in the past week were Giz Fizz, the Unnamed Linux Show and an Inside Twit. Also I think there was the pre/post AAA frivolity, MacBreak Weekly talking about Ahmish Mushroom Popcorn and something about a Microsoft Beer on Windows Weekly.

After a week of Club TWiT, I am impressed with how much is going on and how much more “live” everything has become, with the integration of discord stages, all of the additional content and all. Certainly a paradigm shift.

Impressed to a degree that I simply wanted to say: please be careful not to let this initiative drain too much energy, team TWiT. While feeling fun and lighthearted as always, I seem to be finding it harder to keep up with everything - and that’s just me listening in, trying to get a grip of what’s happening on all the channels, and not missing most of the fun. Producing must be a challenge.

Maybe it’s just the masterfully efficient way of activating the community, but if its not only that but a whole boat load of more work: please make sure you dial back slightly before overworking yourself into a ditch.

Maybe I am being too careful here and I don’t want to take away from the bravado of great new ideas and innovation, but the new system is so powerful in terms of draw and output that it feels like it might take dialing in the intensity for everyone to sustain. Then again, maybe you guys truly are magicians and I might simply stand in awe.

That said: cheers to what appears to be a very successful initiative! :champagne: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m in agreement on all fronts. Bravo team TWiT! Be sure to take a breath.

2 Likes

I appreciate your concern, but this is actually fun. It’s not a lot more work. Really it’s a paradigm shift in what we do, and it matches much more closely my original idea of creating a community around tech, instead of just broadcasting about it.

I think the communal nature of the Discord, especially, means we’ll have a lot of help in creating content. In some ways I expect it to become self-generative, meaning I will be able to do less, not more.

4 Likes

@Leo long time follower/listener
To be honest now days i prefer watching Twitv on my Roku device. When i found Twitv a few years back it was installed asap. Have enjoyed watch twitv show this way for maybe 5+ years. Any plan to do Twitv+ login for streaming device’s? :grinning:

Just heard about this Linux Show…
It has forced my hand now, joining Club Twit right now.

PS, an annual plan (say $70) would be a nice feature for us retirees? :slight_smile: :wink:

2 Likes

Linux as the system seller! Woot! :slight_smile:

I agree, a paid app on Roku incorporating Club TWIT would be a brilliant addition!

We’re just getting started. I’m sure as the club grows we’ll come up with a variety of stuff like a Roku app.

1 Like

this may also be relevant but I’m not sure TWiT can do anything about it

If you decide to do that I’d be happy to offer some suggestions on some dev shops I’ve worked with who are good and reasonably priced.