Circle gets the square

I see that the site software changed a bit. Now, all of our round avatars are now squares. Anyone else notice any other changes in the site software?

No I still see your avatar is a circle. Circle gets the circle.

Go Bruins! btw

4 Likes

I am using the dark (original?) theme… I noticed a couple of days ago that the graphics on some buttons are darker (like the reply button below as I edit this). Did something change on some themes?

Edit:
Here’s a picture after I made this post
DarkerIcon

1 Like

We had a bunch of theme updates the other day. They must have changed it. Sorry!

Looks like you’re not using Dark, you’re using Vincent. Check the themes under the Hamburger menu.

3 Likes

This is what I see:

Yes, looks like Graceful theme has been updated with square avatar icons. I see them as squre too.

2 Likes

Yep. Graceful was just updated. They also changed how titles are displayed. Yecch.

The new default for people signing up is now Light. It’s gracefuller. And round.

3 Likes

Am I the only one that likes light themes?

3 Likes

Nope, I use light theme on the PC. I tend to use dark theme on the phone, but not for reading apps like eBook apps.

1 Like

Dark mode in anything is the Antichrist.

1 Like

My eyes can be sensitive sometimes, so I generally use dark mode. But it goes through phases.

1 Like

Remember back in the day of CRTs, before color. When dark mode was all you had? I preferred the Amber to the Green.

2 Likes

I tried all the colors but went back to what I had the 1at time I visited the site.

I got the squares also. I use dark theme when I can. I have Cataracts, one fixed, Dark theme helps in many cases on different websites. I use Dark theme on my two win 10 machines, can’t get it on my Mac Mini (high sierra ).

1 Like

This isn’t the only Discourse forum I’m on. The changes here are pretty minor. The other forum is having all kinds of issues with categories being defaulted to hidden, drop down “suggestions” to visit other threads that if you do try and go there are locked! And Android phone users have buttons floating over the thread titles and can’t see them! I can live with square avatars rather than that drek! :joy::joy::joy:

Mine are still round…I never changed my theme as light is just fine!

1 Like