Black Friday Plans?

I’m the techie grandma to three kids and they usually expect something techie cool from me but this year I’m at a loss. The two older ones are now in the “need a laptop” age but that’s out of my price range until it’s a graduation gift…still a few years off.

I was so hoping the new Play Station would be here…nope. They have phones and tablets, even the 11yo has the latest iPod. So, I’m looking at accessories to fulfill my duties. Wireless earbuds would fit the bill but I worry over young teens and losing anything not nailed down.

It may just turn into a gift card or clothing year…oh, the horror! Ideas would be appreciated! :joy:

2 Likes

My Church has suggested we spend a bit less on Christmas presents and make a contribution to help those in need. While I do plan to buy a tablet at some point I do plan on making a good donation for those who need help. So maybe spend a little less on Black Friday and give a bit.

4 Likes

One tradition we started years and years ago with our kids is at Thanksgiving they have to clean out their rooms and give away stuff they don’t use / play with anymore to some local charity or thrift shop. Admittedly we started doing this when they were little so that they had room for new stuff they got at Christmas. But we kept with it so every year we end up donating clothes, toys, etc… at Thanksgiving now. And now that they are teenagers they get fewer - although more expensive - items.

3 Likes

I always donate toys and clothes during the holidays. Before I retired, we had tree with the names and ages of children in need and you took a card with the info. It was wonderful to see all the gifts piling up, waiting to be distributed. Our local homeless shelter gets some extra, too.

One thing I miss about the holidays when I was still working was picking up shifts for Christians so they could spend it at home with family as I’m not Christian…or anything…:hugs:

2 Likes

@Pattylt How about some other Bluetooth accessories like a keyboard or stylus(if they draw). Camera lenses, if they are into phone photography or something else that supports the use of technology in some interest.

2 Likes

We are getting a new 85" TV. If I can restrain my DH that much longer LOL

1 Like

Not a massive amount. My VPN provider usually has Black Friday offers for annual plans. There’s a magazine I subscribe to (in digital format) that’s usually heavily discounted. Other than that an Amazon Fire 7 inch tablet for the wife.