A Bunch of Random Questions

Maybe too many wifi networks around. Download WifiAnalyzer from the Microsoft Store and see how many overlapping channels there are and change the channel on your wifi access point. Try to use the 5Ghz band if you can.

I checked the dashboard of the router it doesn’t seem to allow manual selection of channels.I’m connected to the 5Ghz band of the router.

That’s a crappy router if you cannot.

It’s an ISP provided router and I’ve been trying to convince my Dad that we should buy a new one. He says that it’s good enough for him.

You could always get a wireless access point to plug into the router for your own use.

Father’s day is coming :wink: :speak_no_evil:

A couple of days ago my computer randomly stopped receiving input from my mouse I eventually figured out that unplugging it and plugging it into a different USB port would temporarily fix it but it periodically happens again. It’s not the computer freezing the trackpad on thr PS4 controller I have have connexted to the computer works normally. The only thing I know for sure is that it’s not the batteries I changed them a couple of days ago and when the mouse is connected Razer Synapse says that it has about 75% battery remaining. Any ideas about what could be going on and more broadly do you think it’s a problem with the mouse or the computer?

Did you try a Google at all? Seems like a known longstanding issue with Razer gear:

The mouse is plugged in to a powered USB dock so there shouldn’t be a power issue. Also I’ve had this mouse since I built the computer last summer and it worked fine until this started.

How often do you reboot?

You seem to be having loads of issues with your rig. This is a recently built one?

@Pommster Last summer, I only really started having issues a few months ago.

It’s specifically the mouse. If I unplug it and plug it back in it generally starts working again. I’ve rebooted it doesn’t seem to help.

It’s either something wrong with the mouse, or from what I’ve read, maybe with the cable (because it’s unlikely you wouldn’t reorient the cable somehow while plugging/unplugging/moving it.) Perhaps they make exceptionally low quality cables that develop a short in time?

1 Like

I realized that I forgot to mention that it’s a wireless mouse.

You said it is plugged into a powered USB Dock. What happens when you plug it directly into the PC? Could it be a problem with the Dock or is USB cable?

I don’t remember. I’m pretty sure that it eventually happened when directly connected to a USB port on the case. Also, I’ve not had any issues with any other peripherals.

Just got off the phone with Razer and they said to observe for a day and call back if it persists and that if it does that they’d replace it.

1 Like

What’s the best way to compress a folder of app installers to the smallest size possible without the installers breaking?

I would argue the best option is to not have them in the first place. Check out something like ninite or chocolatey.
https://ninite.com/

3 Likes