WW 826: Make it Suntory Time

That’s really the problem with most Microsoft products - too many ways to do the same thing. I get they they are trying to meet everyone’s needs - but it can be perceived as a mess.

For myself - we use Teams at work and haven’t had any issues with meetings and stuff not appearing properly. Most problems have boiled down to a lack of knowledge by users and a somewhat confusing interface

It can do too much and, it is constantly changing. I found a couple of new features yesterday that weren’t in there when I did my last training course and last week, I found the overlay filters, which are different to the backgrounds…

It is a pain as a trainer, but it is also frustrating, because our users are not very tech savvy and any change is bad.

We got dozens of calls when Microsoft moved the search box in Outlook from the top of the column you were searching into the title bar of the window. They insisted it was broken and we put it back the way it was! :confused:

It is the same with Teams. Many won’t use it or only use it for meetings they are forced to attend, because they are scared of using it and, it changing its look, placing icons and toolbars in different places etc. doesn’t help.

1 Like

It will all become simple when Office Copilot gets here :grin:

1 Like

Oh, hell no! I’m diverting my extension to your mobile number, when that happens! :rofl:

I’d start brushing up on your German now, if I were you!

I was married to one about 40 years ago, still makes me shudder when I think of her. I could probably still order most of a takeaway though :grin:

1 Like

Teams vs Zoom Chat: In my limited time using Teams, chat in Zoom is much a better user experience. I have both applications installed at work and as an organization we will likely be moving from Zoom to Teams in the near future (though many of us are doubting it it will be a satisfactory replacement). I am currently only using Teams to communicate with external contractors. Chat is not obvious in Zoom - as shown by Paul’s joke in this episode about needing to start a meeting before you can chat. No, “Team Chat” is a separate tab at the top of the Zoom app that keeps persistent chats with teams, groups, and individuals - it lets you categorize them and group them and even has channels and treading. Within a Zoom chat it is easy to initiate a video or voice call on the fly with whatever group you are interacting with (my normal way to initiate a Zoom call/meeting). Teams doesn’t seem to have any way of organizing the groups that you chat with beyond marking something a favorite. I think Zoom is easily on par with Slack when it comes to chat - Teams seems to be behind the pack and has minimal features more akin to SMS (but I am admittedly a novice Teams user and hope I am missing something).

The whole idea of teams is in the name, using in a corporate environment you can create any number of teams to fire off chats and and conversations in groups, both in your organisation and outside. We do it all the time.

1 Like