WW 682: You're A Crybaby!

No one is forcing anyone to pay for Office 365. No one is preventing anyone from using Slack. Google Docs is very successful in the enterprise market even though Office 365 comes with a cloud docs suite “for free.” Office 365 also comes with Skype “for free” and Zoom and WebEx are more popular than ever. They should worry about competing on features and user experience.

3 Likes

Thank you, @MaryJo: gosh, I did not expect my question would be seen and acted on. Thank you for taking the time for such a quick question.

I fully concur with @PHolder; have been listening for years and it’s quite a privilege to have a chance to speak with you all.

Ah, shucks, that’s a genuine shame. Perhaps we can applaud their transparency in their development speed or lack thereof. Chredge a solid browser and I imagine they’d build on that momentum beyond feature teases. But, if MS employees are using vertical tabs and other planned features, there’s hope soon is soon-ish.

If 10X really is a Chromebook competitor, a trusted & well-developed browser that’s appreciably better than Chrome seems like a good start. Hopefully, the upcoming feature schedules fare better than their history syncing false start (“it’s coming in two months, it’s coming in one month; it’s really coming; OK, we need six more months”).

Fingers crossed; I’d love to switch over to Chredge everywhere once browser history hits stable.

1 Like