Windows Event Roll Call

Sorry I guess technically not maxed out at is came with 16GB RAM. Plenty for my purposes I think. Most intensive stuff I do is typically VMWare+Visual Studio or playing CIV 5 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Aww yeah. :sunglasses: And you went for AMD variant. Would love to see an informal review, if you have time after you get it.

I’m kind of jealous. I have looked at the various Microsoft hardware over the years and thought I would love to have one… but have never seriously considered a purchase because they’re pricey and I don’t need a mobile computing device. I enjoy building and using desktop PCs too much. I still get techno-lust… I just temper it with “you don’t need it… you want it cause it’s cool.”

I would be happy to share my thoughts to the community when it comes in! I got the student discount as well so it was about $1500 even. I’ll sell my SP 5th Gen and make maybe $500 back from that so I am totally okay with spending $1000 on this machine, especially as I was awarded a grant this semester and had a little extra in my account.

1 Like

I want to try the 15’’

2 Likes

MS used this song during the event (as called out by @mikahsargent) and I’m listening to it now for the first time and enjoying it

2 Likes

I am extraordinarily impatient. I’m overseas too so it’s unlikely I’ll get it on the 22nd, I’ll probably have to add 4-5 days to that.

Good news is that now I’m in the market for a new monitor to go with it!

2 Likes

Which new Windows 10 laptop have a VGA connector? Do any new laptop models in 2019 still offer them?

I think he meant just a video out port, generically. I don’t think many laptops offer VGA these days.

1 Like