TWiT advertisers whose products & services you have used?

In my case:

LastPass definitely. Hearing Steve Gibson talk about his actually auditing their code was about as strong an endorsement as I’ve ever heard for anything, and it’s what I use when recommending it for clients.

Trackr. I know they are not a current advertiser, but it definitely is one that I bought and used.

4 Likes

Audible, Lastpass, Wasabi, Capterra.

And I’m in Australia so can’t use most advertisers like Stamps.com or Casper or Mintmobile unfortunately!

2 Likes

There’s probably more than this that I’ve used, but LastPass and Digital Ocean. Digital Ocean I’ve used for a few years before they became an advertiser, and one of those rare services or products that I can recommend pretty much without caveats.

2 Likes
  • LastPass
  • Audible
  • Carbonite
  • Plex
    Some of these are a direct result of advertising on TWiT, others I used before they were advertisers. I’m sure there are others I’ve used but these are the ones that come to mind.

EDIT: Oh, I played with Squarespace for a minute. They were an advertiser in the past, right?

2 Likes

I didn’t mention them because I’ve been a PlexPass member for years.

2 Likes

That is one that I had before they were a sponsor as well. But I probably learned about it from a TWiT show.

I was already using lastpass. RemotePC is useless (as far as I can tell) on a chromebook, plex would be good if I watched more films. There was a plug for a back up camera which I might end up buying, but I don’t think they were an advertiser. My 2000 oldie could use some new tech.

1 Like

LastPass
Audible
Carbonite
GoToMeeting (showing how long I’ve listened)

Many of the rest are US only and/or not really from interest as a private user. Some of the honey pots and hardware testing labs are interesting, but not something I’d use personally and not something our small business could use.

4 Likes

GoToMeeting! Me too - I remember recommending it at work after hearing the podcast.
Squarespace
LastPass
ExpressVPN
I’m sure there are others…

I’m in the UK / France so there’s some I can’t use.

2 Likes

LastPass…like everyone else
IT Pro TV, helped me with my Security+ !
Microsoft Mechanics, just for fun

I want a Casper mattress now though, just because Leo makes them sound so awesome.

3 Likes

I thought about Casper, too, but ended up going Zinus, which is cheaper and I like mine a lot. Foam mattresses are a commodity item nowadays.

1 Like

Yeah well they don’t ship here anyway. I spent a ton of money on my bed and it’s about 5 years old now and I have not regretted it.

I think the saying is right…you spend like 1/3 of your life in bed you should make it as comfortable as possible.

1 Like

Lastpass & Audible, unfortunately for TWiT I only went to Lastpass after hearing Steve talk about it, I have been an Audible user for a while.

Wasabi is definitely on my list but being an Aussie, many brands are not available here.

Enjoy!

3 Likes
  • Grammarly after hearing Paul talk about it on WW
  • Squarespace
  • Lastpass
  • Audible
2 Likes

Eero’s been a sponsor before, right? I can definitely recommend them.

2 Likes

Because of TWiT Ring, Ting, Epson. Molekule. /Used before TWiT Audible

2 Likes

What was the coffee sponsor they used to have? They need a new coffee sponsor. They could probably put Leo’s stepson through college just on what I’d buy. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I have two Ring products.
Audible
IT Pro TV (50% discount from SN :slight_smile: )
Lastpass

2 Likes

I’ve used LastPass, Warby Parker, and ProXPN all based on TWiT recommendations and discount codes. I don’t use any of these things today, but it’s thanks to TWiT that I tried these services and products in the first place.

Advertising on TWiT works, so I recommend advertisers keep supporting the network.

2 Likes

LastPass, Audible.Thinking about trying a Casper now they are available in the UK.

3 Likes