TWIT 896: The Whole Internet Burrito

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

1 Like

This was such a great episode. Holy 3.4 hours :smile:

4 Likes

Yes, I saw Iain tweeting yesterday about how long, and how great, the show was and wondered how the editors were going to get it down into a deliverable sized show.

1 Like

Just finished it. Phew!

Why do people always go on about Samsung ‘bloatware’? It’s the software needed for their ecosystem to work. The Google apps have to be preinstalled too I assume (which I remove).

For example, if you want all your Samsung devices to ring and to take calls anywhere, you need the Samsung dialer. Samsung Messages you can access messages on any device. The browser supports continuity and so on. Very few of the Google equivalents work across all devices at the mo.

Hopefully, Google will introduce more ecosystem features to go with their new tablet.

A tip for Whatsapp users, the beta of their Android app now supports linking tablets, so you can link your Android tablet to Whatsapp on your phone. Not sure about iOS users.

2 Likes

A great show as always but would the shake and stir authentication system not break VOIP phone systems? If your company has one outbound number, which all calls go through, what happens to that?

It goes out through the SIP trunk and the truck did the validation. The individual phones don’t, they go through the PBX and the trunk, which is where everything is taken care of.

In that case, there’s no reason not to do it