TWIT 798: The Lighthouse Keeper and His Robot Butler

France here, and it’s all WhatsApp, whether within France or with friends in the UK. I have the app on my laptop so I can chat without using my phone, while I’m working.
I have one friend who uses iMessage and I always think of it as old fashioned! Likewise messenger, I only use it with Facebook friends who don’t have my phone number - ie, people who are not so close.

1 Like

I love messenger for the fact I can use it with those I’m close with and those I’m not so close with. I have Whatsapp installed for talking with a few friends but it’s less than half dozen, same with Skype, & Duo. Imessage and messenger are still my go to’s.

Figuring out a standard messaging platform across operating systems is only an American problem. The rest of the world uses WhatsApp or WeChat. The American relationship with messaging is kind of like our relationship with the metric system. To the rest of the world, it looks like we are making things harder for ourselves than they need to be. And, we are definitely making ourselves the odd country out.

This was a great episode of Twit the guests were amazing. Scott Wilkinson And Lisa Schmeiser have the two best laughs on the network. Leo great panel keep up the good work

2 Likes

Mine also - everyone I text with are on one or the other or both

1 Like