The Photo Thread: Week of 2021-12-19

New week, new thread.

Tried out my new iPhone camera.

Freshly. Asked bread, with Emma wheat, walnuts and almonds.

Night Mode Test.

Macro mode.

Old thread

6 Likes

Having some fun with new toy, I see. :grinning:
I seem to have gotten too busy with Q4 delivery season to get out and take photos.

1 Like

A photo of the full(ish) moon behind patchy clouds on my nightly walk. Taken on my new Pixel 6 Pro with no adjustments except to resize the image. I thought it looked kind of interesting in “reality” but the photo has a different quality… very stormy night or something.

6 Likes

As I implied above, I got a new phone. Accordingly I needed to extract my SIM from my old phone to move the service to my new phone. When I took my Pixel 2XL out of the Google custom case (remember when you could send them a picture and they would put it on a case for you) I discovered a little issue…

I didn’t know there was any problem with my phone at all… it had begun to act a little odd, but I just assumed that was related to it no longer running a current version of Android while trying to run current Android apps (in particular the Google Camera app.) I guess it was a good thing I had a new phone.

3 Likes

Another photo direct out of the Pixel 6 Pro with the only change being a resize. I call this one “Winter Blues”

4 Likes

Final one for now. I was out taking photos with a friend, who insists the only good photos are those take with a “pro” level digital camera (a Sony Alpha 6400 E-mount camera with APS-C in this case). He carries his camera and lenses and other gear in a backpack… which he wanted to set down for a bit to be free to shoot. So I call this pic “Photographer AWOL”. The only edit was a crop and resize.

3 Likes

Sunrise and the first real frost of the season.

6 Likes

Yeah, small issue. I only noticed an issue with my Pixel 4 XL when it wouldn’t charge wirelessly due to not getting good contact.

Not particularly great photography but I’m sharing anyways- Finn bringing home a small tree for our counter, and a selfie hitting one of the goals I set for this year. Happy Holidays everyone!

8 Likes

Well, if content is king, these two photographs are great photography in my book. :slight_smile: Happy Holidays! :christmas_tree:

4 Likes

It only counts if you lift it. :joy:
Just kidding; congrats! And the Bernese with the cart is just too cute.

Not a great pic from the Walmart parking lot but I’ll be darned if it wasn’t the best two minutes of sunset I saw this year.

7 Likes

Finn want’s you to know that he’s a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog ( Grosser Schweizer Sennenhund). The Bernese Mountain Dog are his smaller cousin. GSMD’s have the same coloration, but shorter coat and a more intense working temperament.

1 Like

Good to know! Finn can rest assured I will not make that mistake again, lol.

1 Like

Goose in the park or… “The one that got away before Christmas.”

7 Likes

A few shots from a recent walk.

6 Likes

Gotta keep an eye on your prize, even when your eyes are closed.:slightly_smiling_face:

Pixel 6 Pro. I like that I don’t have to use the fake bokeh much with the main camera in this phone. If you’re close enough to the subject, you get the more natural blur from the lens.

6 Likes

Christmas Day walk. Merry Christmas all :christmas_tree::santa:t2:

7 Likes

Pawsatively adogable! :wink: Nice dof as well!

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: The Photo Thread: Week of 2021-12-26