The Photo Thread - Week of 2020-11-01

New weekly photo thread, Halloween time :jack_o_lantern:

Hope those celebrating the occasion were able to have a safe but spooky time. We had a few of our kids friends over for a little party.

The bleach bypass Fuji recipe on my X100v worked really well with the theme.

11 Likes

I decided to take a walk this morning and was greeted by this outside of my building. Moments like these remind me of why I try to carry my camera with me everywhere.

10 Likes

Went out for a walk this morning…

8 Likes

Looks like the leaves are being stubborn in your neck of the woods. When do they normally change?

1 Like

Is that a recipe you came up with or one from FujixWeekly?

This is central Texas… It is hot for the majority of the year here…

But, the news talked about this yesterday. They claimed it would be another week or two before the leaves start falling

1 Like

Just the one from FujixWeekly.

Really only just started exploring them but I also like the Parr, Noir & Newspaper recipes from this YouTube video: https://youtu.be/pSiAELAZhdA

1 Like

Ah, Okay. I saw your avatar and assumed that you were in Philly.

1 Like

Nice. I’ve been messing with the Kodachrome 64 recipe. Not really my style, but it’s fun!

Early morning sky

10 Likes

Cropped the image that I posted last week name “moon and mars in peace and harmony”

8 Likes

11 Likes

The poles in the foreground initially reminded me of separations of photos that are split and put into multiple frames and then mounted on the wall as a set. I feel like someone more clever than me could have fun trying to do that style of presentation with this photo. (Something like this, if I am unclear https://www.canvasdesign.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/purple-Split-Panel-Canvas-Prints.jpg )

1 Like

Yes, I see. I admit I didn’t have that in mind when I took it. Wish I did!

Yesterday evening’s walk. View over Faringdon, Oxfordshire, UK.

12 Likes

Lovely view, but the colours seem over saturated.

1 Like

I have an oversaturated mind :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Should have seen the mess Google Photos made of it, hurts the eyes

2 Likes

Abandoned storage shed. Pixel 3a.

8 Likes

Trying some different things. Pixel 5, Google Photos edits.

7 Likes

Both the shed and the thinking work very well together. I imagine them framed next to each other in a gallery. Titled “Hindsight / 2020”.

The pixel really generates great contrast and structure in images!

3 Likes