The Photo Thread : Week of 2020-08-09

Oh I think that’s a large blade of grass that got in the way!

3 Likes

Yes, it certainly looks like a blade of grass in front of the lens.

2 Likes

Yep, it was… I have two similar shots and the other one doesn’t have the blade of grass. These are the straight camera JPEGs that were transferred to my phone rather than processed RAW images and it’s hard to see which image I’m selecting when uploading from the phone!

2 Likes

Three sub-pixels on vacation:

10 Likes

Märchenhaft :slight_smile: Is it Southern Bavaria?

1 Like

took me a while, but I got it.

The img is amazing. The location is so perfect that all I can think is it’s the beginning of a horror movie.

3 Likes

Jup, Sylvensteinsee just south of Lenggries. It’s a hydro power plant lake filled by Isar river. Good guess! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He he - glad you like it!

Horror: well there is that little town that got flooded by building the dam. One might think of some myths there, but it seems most people where quite happy getting relocated from their pretty old and run down town in the middle of the woods.

Horror attempt no 2: on the day I took that photo I was hiking in the region. Of course, I slightly lost orientation, but pushed on. Gladly, my underwhelming stamina ensured me not really getting myself into trouble. I said it before and I’ll say it again: not being the sportive type has saved the day, again. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another one since the evening light and sky is lovely:
Cowhouse with a view

Taken in Hirschberg, Appenzell, Switzerland. Looking towards Säntis mountain. A thunderstorm just passed through. Everything smells “green”.

7 Likes

Bavaria is just so unique. There are so many wonderful places in Germany. Frankfurt stole my heart as a city but Munich is where I relax and where I take short trips from.

Anyways, I looked that place up and I realized, I was really close to it a couple of years ago when I took a little car trip and visited the Alps. However, I stayed northbound and took Keselbergstraße on my way back to Munich… it’s time to do that again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Glad you like it down here! Have to admit that I needed some getting used to living in Munich since the local patriotism sometimes goes a bit overboard and that does not really suit anyone particularly well. But there’s a lot to be said about the lovely surroundings in relatively short distance.

Frankfurt: another yay since I was born in and grew up near the city. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, they sometimes take the “free state” thing a bit too seriously. You are now leaving Germany! :smiley:

I lived outside of Munich for several years, before moving up north. It is a lovely area. I lived in a small village that was 25 minutes from the centre of Munich by S-Bahn. I had the best of both worlds, a sleepy, quite village, surrounded by countryside and still quickly in the city.

2 Likes

Huh, who would’ve thought that we shared those places? :slight_smile: Ffm was the first place in Germany I’d spent some significant amount of time in, other than just a short vacation, so you could say that a specific part of me was conceived there :joy:

2 Likes

New thread

1 Like

I see a goldfish. :smiley:

1 Like