Question of the day - What was the first music cassette tape/LP you ever bought?

The first cassette tape I ever bought was Best of The Alan Parsons Project, the first LP I got was Bill Cosby When I was a Kid.

1 Like

Really cant remember first one I got, might have been heart, ELO or something like that but i did find what i got for Christmas one year.

4 Likes

First LP when I got my first turntable: “Made In Japan” Deep Purple 1972

Don’t recall buying a prerecorded cassette… but Maxell UD-90s - bought them by the case!
download

2 Likes

Damn, I’m jealous of that Lego Set!..I mean I would have been jealous, back in the day. Like not now, obviously, haha. What?

2 Likes

The mad game dont even know if its at my Moms house or my brother took it. got to be pricless now since Mad is done (kinda)

1 Like

If only we could travel back in time, shrink-wrap our childhoods – the goods at least – and bring them back to the present…no more money worries.

2 Likes

Nice to see I wasn’t the only one that suffered growing up in a Cleveland Browns household…:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Dont know why i got something from the Browns, Was more of a Steelers fan the good old iron curtain days. So yes I grew up east of Cleveland :sneezing_face:

1 Like

I used these all the time…

1 Like

Great question!

First Tape was hilariously Billy Joel’s “River of Dreams”

First Vinyl was a gift from my mom The Doors “LA Woman”

First CD was Phish “A Live One”

1 Like

I got Eat a Peach on vinyl a long time ago. I spent many nights listening to that.

My friend also had a big house way in the woods with a beautiful stereo system and we would blast Terrapin Station on that thing.

I still have both those records but I think they are still in the states. Recently got 95 NYE by Phish which is a fantastic record although most of my music is digital now.

1 Like

Oh man…Devo!! Bought it alongside my first boombox whoop whoop!

Vintage-Macdonald-Boombox-Telefunken-Ghettoblaster-Cassette-Player-Recorder

5 Likes

Latest additions.

3 Likes

Def Leppard - Hysteria. I was 8 and used all my birthday money to buy every Def Leppard album out at the time.

5 Likes

I went to their concert in 1988 in Baton Rouge.

2 Likes

Wow… I just remembered that one day, while walking to school through the back path (over a stream) I found a cassette on the ground (not in a case.) It was Stars on 45 it still played fine. I learned about the Beatles from that megamix :smiley:

2 Likes

Good lord, the feels on this thread…I used to buy those by the case to make mixtapes. (Another good useless ? of the day…what would be on your perfect 80s mixtape.)

1 Like

Youngsters in this community.
Oldest vinyl (circa 1948)

First album I paid for (circa 1965):

1 Like

Oops, just realised first vinyl record is a 78 rpm. Doesn’t qualify as an LP.

1 Like

An Abba cassette. Not sure which album.

The first single was a few years before that, King of the Cops by Billy Howard.

3 Likes