Question of the Day: What song is the ringtone on your phone?

What song is the ringtone on your phone?

1 Like

None at all; I just let it go though to my vibrate on my watch.
But when I had ringtones I had them for each person, whom I wanted to talk to and silence for the ones who could go to voice mail.
For my best friend I had had Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson, because she used to make me banana pancakes all the time.
When my union-hall called I had Pink Floyd’s Money, because each call could be a profitable assignment.
My union rep got in trouble when his wife found out that his ring tone for her was a funeral dirge.

3 Likes

Same for me. I can’t remember what I used before that, but it would have been whatever I thought was least offensive from the preinstalled selection.

The last time I had personalised ring tones was when my phone was a Palm Treo 680, so a long time ago.

4 Likes

My last personalizes ringtone was on my candy apple red Motorola Razor flip phone.

That reminds me of a time when I got on a bus with the phone in my hand, and the driver admonished me not to be listening to music on it on the bus. I looked at him and asked, “What, this thing will play music?”

3 Likes

I still use ring tones.
General is “Hava Nagila”.
My wife is Darth Vader “The Dark side of the force is calling you”.
The boss is “Your boss is trying to reach you on your cellular device”.
My project manager is Yoda “Your phone ringing it is, answer it you must to fulfill your destiny”.

3 Likes

The Imperial march…

2 Likes

Harry Potter theme!!!

2 Likes

My ringtone is ONE by U2. I have loved that song since it first came out.

1 Like

The Dr Who theme is my main ringtone, then I have different ones for frequent callers.
One friend has the Fringe theme, work calling is the Bollywood theme from Battlestar Galactica… etc

2 Likes

I just have one of the built-in iOS ones. I used to have various versions of Dr Who theme (mainly 1980s versions that had a loud abrupt start); Feel Good Inc by Gorillaz also in the past.

1 Like

Whatever Google provided by default, but my phone never leaves silent running, except by accident.

1 Like

Love it!

For me, I like having my ringtone as old school as possible. The closer I can get it to sounding like a phone ringing off the wall of the house when I was a kid, the better. For the most part my phone is turned up loud as one is for work and I need to be able to answer and I’m usually not in a place where it needs to be on vibrate.

I always loved House’s ringtone though…“what a man what a man what a man…”

2 Likes

Before I retired, I was an “On Call Courier”. My ringtone was “Hit the Road Jack”

1 Like

Wow, we had different childhoods.

My ex, who is now my business manger, uses an old-time telephone ringing as his ringtone. When we are on a video chat and his phone rings I just cringe.

My parents thought of the phone as something to be used for emergencies only. When it rang it seemed to only be bad news. Good news came by mail, weddings, new babies, etc. The phone told us that my cousin was missing in Viet Nam, another cousin had jumped off a tall building, a few days later anther cousin was shot and killed by his best friend. The phone also told us of canceled weddings, canceled visits, and babies that didn’t make it. The phone told us that JFK, RFK, and Dr. King had been assassinated. Everyone knew we didn’t have TV and rarely listened to the radio, so someone always remembered call us about bad national news.

1 Like

The Beatles, “Hard Day’s Night”. That first chord alerts you.

2 Likes

I don’t Know, nobody calls me.:confounded:

1 Like

Neil young - vampire blues

https://play.google.com/music/m/Tythgjk2xa2ldkggidmrdap3nhi?t=Vampire_Blues_-_Neil_Young_Promise_Of_The_Real

Another ringtone I use is a Finnish song called rappiolla

Boogie Chillen by Van Morrison

1 Like

Primus, lee van Cleef

I guess so. I mean people called my house for bad news too but I guess I don’t associate my phone ringing with sadness. I just want to hear it and react to it.

2 Likes