MBW 914: The Old Shanghai Breakfast

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

Canva & Affinity has since said:

“We share a commitment to making design fairer and more accessible. For Canva, this has meant making our core product available for free to millions of people across the globe, and for Affinity, this has meant a fairly priced perpetual license model. We know this model has been a key part of the Affinity offering and we are committed to continue to offer perpetual licenses in the future.”

and

“If we do offer a subscription, it will only ever be as an option alongside the perpetual model, for those who prefer it.”

1 Like

That is good to know. I’ve been using the Affinity applications, since Serif Software released it. I don’t use Publisher and I haven’t bought it, I rarely use Designer, but when I edit photos, I almost always use a combination of Affinity Photo and Luminar products.

Good conversation about the DOJ suit, and I’m sure it’s the first of many.

At this point though I kinda want to see the store opened up just so that it’ll shut certain people up. Disaster scenarios talked about every time this comes up, which aren’t gonna happen, but the only way these conversations can move forward is to actually travel down these roads. We’ve all been talking in circles for years.

Remains to be seen if the EU changes are going to result in a net loss for consumers…

1 Like