MBW 855: So Good, You'll Wanna Listen At 1x

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

I may be in a minority here. I usually enjoy most shows on the TWiT network, but this week’s MacBreak Weekly came across as a big waste of time.

I appreciate it was a slow news week for Apple news, but if that’s the case, why not just cancel the week’s episode until the following week when there might actually be some actual Apple news to discuss?

I listen to it as much for the conversation as pure news.

3 Likes

Speaking personally, I regard some of the “slow news week” editions of MacBreak Weekly to have been the most entertaining in the show’s history!

4 Likes

Agreed! That said, I do wonder whether it might be nice to prepare occasional “spotlight” segments to highlight some particular aspect of the Apple ecosystem, perhaps with a guest to anchor the discussion. Admittedly, that would take a bit more work than jumping on to discuss the news.

I’ll tell ya what. We’ll make shows every week, and if you don’t think there’s anything worth talking about that week you can just skip it. That way everybody’s happy!

5 Likes

I have to say that even in so-called “slow weeks” there is at least one tidbit I find useful. It might not be strictly news for that week but helpful within the Apple universe (I used a Mac SE in the 80’s but Windows PC’s for over 30 years and back to using Apple computers the last 10 years). In addition, the back and forth between the guests is always entertaining and fun to watch! I watch multiple shows on the TWiT network but MBW is one show I try not to miss each week.

1 Like