Looking for online courses for future IT JOB

Hello TWiT friends. Yesterday was my last day at my job due to the virus still at hand, got let go due to our business not making it right now. But I am blessed with my family around me for the support. I had a question, it’s been a long time since I’ve dived into the tech field and I am interested in getting back in the groove and possibly looking for a future IT job. I keep hearing about iTPro.TV been a great useful tool to get certified. I thought I would start by learning CompTIA to get my foot in the door in a tech job. Was seeking feedback or advice, thank you, friends :pray:.

1 Like

I think any IT person would be well served with some programming (scripting) background. In that vein, I investigated the free self-paced EdX course CS50 from Harvard. My comments are here:

1 Like

I subscribed to ITPro.tv for a couple of years. It is a good service and there are some good presenters. I have worked in IT for over 20 years and wanted to up my game a bit. I learnt a lot of new stuff (ethical hacking, Kali Linux and a few other security oriented things) and brushed up on things I already knew (MS server, Exchange and SQL Server).

For me the courses were slow going, mainly due to my experience, but I would judget that they are well aimed for people with basic IT skills looking to get into a job in IT.

1 Like

If thinking about certification, Microsoft is retiring MCSA, MCSD and MCSE certs in June so the longevity of these will be short-lived.

Look to your local community collage…

1 Like