LastPass Studios!

Thanks David for the long explanation. I don’t agree with much of it. I don’t mind, in fact kinda like, promoting the products I buy. For example. Olympus camera. I’m proud I own one. And willing support them by displaying stickers or wearing a hat with a logo on it. Why? I want Olympus succeed and stay in business. Same for many of the local made, high quality products I buy. I want them to succeed.

From an economics standpoint, the price of a product or service has much more to do with how much the consumer is willing to pay for it than the costs associated with making and marketing a product. A company is not going to buy advertising if it does not result in more sales AND profits. To do otherwise would be silly. In your logic, then, the advertising is actually HELPING to keep the cost down. (Costs spread out over more units sold.)

3 Likes

[quote=“Uzetaab, post:6, topic:4265”]
“Welcome to TWiT brought to you from the Last Pass Studios in Sunny Petaluma California”[/quote]

I wish I’d thought of that because I like it and take back my negative feelings about the sponsorship.

1 Like

Leo would never let that happen…

2 Likes

Also, I assume the contract stipulates that TWiT retains control over editorial content.

1 Like

I’ve heard many times, Leo say something to the effect “ Company X wanted to advertise on TWiT but I didn’t feel like they were a good fit!”

4 Likes

Sho nuff!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I for one am thrilled for this sponsorship I’ve not saw it done before, I know Leo will pull out if they try to control what he says and in fact I would not be surprised if that is in writing in their contract that if they try to control content that it is a breach of contract. I love Leo for vetting his sponsors. Out of the list of sponsors I’ve tried from Twit, the only one I’ve felt didn’t live up to the twit standard was stamps.com.

2 Likes

So basically the “TWiT Eastside Studios” is no more, and it’s to be referred to as “LastPass Studios”?

1 Like

Yes, Leo does a great job with protecting Twit. Leo assured me that my mistake in thinking and saying what might happen, will not happen. I respect him a lot more for him correspondence with me on a one to one basis. We all stick are foot in our mouth from time to time, looks like it was my turn this time. I hope everybody’s feet are clean. No offense meant to anyone, and none taken.

2 Likes

as long as LastPass gets on their 4.0 version and fixes the whole riffic problems that has compared to the previous version I’m all for the change in name only.

2 Likes

Personally I’m not the biggest fan of this change but it is something I could get used to if it meant TWiT gets some good funding.

One suggestion though if LastPass will allow this, I think TWiT should at least still be in the name somehow, call it the “TWiT LastPass Studios” or something. Just LastPass Studios makes it sound like LastPass owns and produces the content, not that they are simply sponsoring you guys.

3 Likes

I do disagree. Many of the local radio stations do the same thing, usually for a weekend or during rush hours you will hear it. Live from the Roto Rooter Plumber’s Studio or other business name. You know it’s the same content you came to see that they just paid a little extra for the name right for that segment or segments.

1 Like

I have never felt that TWiT’s content was at all shaped by its sponsors.
In fact they’ve often been critical of brands that have sponsored in the past.
Love the idea of sponsoring the studio… not a lot of podcast companies can do this!

3 Likes

I agree with ya there…

3 Likes

why LastPass why not Brave Software

I’m quite thrilled to see this finally happening for them. The entire team at TWiT gives us excellent quality content and LOTS of it…all for FREE to us. I’ve heard many times where they will openly state that the product being mentioned is a sponsor, but also provide recommendations that are NOT a sponsor - all coinciding with the situation of the caller’s needs. These shows are one of the few places with sponsors where you don’t feel like the product or service of the sponsor is being shoved down your throat.

Congratulations TWiT team and thanks for all you do!

3 Likes

Because Lastpass bought it!

We did have another sponsor who wanted it but we felt that LastPass was a better fit. I think it was already sold before Brave started advertising.

3 Likes

I think it’s a great Idea, and great exposure for the studio and Last Pass. Although, we’re I to see something like Fruit of the Loom Studios, It would cause me to pause :grin:

1 Like

This is about as confusing as Windows 10 20H1 calling it Windows 2004. But I love Last Pass. They’re a good company and necessary to remember my 64 character password. But is it 64 characters or is it more ? I’ll never tell.

A little off topic, but… I wish there was a simpler way of signing in on AndroidTV. Some apps display a code for you to enter into a web browser, but others force me enter a very long password using an onscreen keyboard while reading the password out of LastPass in another device.