Just ordered a System76 Darter Pro laptop with Coreboot

These guys may err on the tinfoil hat side, but there’s a ton of good information about protecting your privacy here:

1 Like

For those who choose to use Chrome in a secure environment and know what they’re doing, I’ve been using Ungoogled Chromium. https://github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium

Actually a big long silent debate in our country as well right now over foreign surveillance. Especially since the Government granted complete neutrality for citizens. The police force is still somewhat in the dark policy wise.

Some things about Facebook bothers me. But if you are going to use the internet as a whole, you just have to accept that there is no such thing as privacy.

So, I do not worry about it much. If it really bothers you, then you need to stay off the net, IMHO.

1 Like

Right, it is a public medium which starts the censorship regime just like other media. That’s the issue for most front facing websites.

Facebook is what differs since it is a medium in itself and provides you an obligation or a right to access. Our countries (US/Canada) recognize that one.

If it’s traceable and controlled, it’s allowed. Tracking you? No. That’s why Facebook had to take the stance that they did.

Hey Leo, an Excellent Choice for a System 76
The Darter Pro with Coreboot is a
Great Linux Laptop Next to The Oryx Pro​:+1::nerd_face:
Which Runs POPOS I Love Linux Too
I’m Thinking Of Purchasing One Now that I am a LINUX GURU :+1::penguin:

2 Likes

Leo: you know I Love Linux Now, :penguin:
in the Twit Community
You Said I Was Roberto The Linux Guru :penguin:
And I am interested in Buying a New System 76 Linux Laptop The Darter Pro With
Core Boot Or The Oryx Pro, Both With POPos
They are 2 Great Linux Laptops but